Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Drafttek.com 7 round mock for Colts

Peytonparker

I was really talking about another DE turned OLB. I have said since day 1 it will be best available by need. I will never argue a NT and OLB are cornerstones of the 3/4. I too think this is it for Freeney. I hope he proves us all wrong.

Sorry I know it was a much lesser player and you weren't exactly saying that but what I meant was I think in the new scheme LBs are going to be extremely important...and we don't have an elite one at any of the 4 starting positions yet...perhaps Mathis and Angerer do ok...but Freeney is probably gone so we have needs at the other MLB and OLB.

I also think McClellin if still on the board has the ability to be a future pro bowler too. He is dynamic and can rush the passer, play the run, and pass defend. Very versatile player.

Who do you suggest at 34 as an ILB? DGambill suggests Shea Mclellin from Boise. I do not think he will be available myself. If he falls you do not teach 6'3 260 in a 3/4. I have seen some comparing him to Carl (Karl?) Mecklenburg for those who remember him as a relentless LB. I think the Steelers, Ravens, and Giants will make the diff...in our picks. If Fleenor goes to Pittsburgh, the Ravens take McLellin for Ray Lewis's eventual replacement.(Suggs in 11th year/Lewis starting 18th?) Then Giants come in and take Fleenor if the others do not. The Pack also like Mclellin...

Back to my original question, other than Mclellin, what other big ILB is worth the 34?

Also McClellin is an DE/OLB. He won't play ILB. Sorry. I should have been more specific. He is prototypical OLB/DE to replace Freeney when he leaves.

Sorry I know it was a much lesser player and you weren't exactly saying that but what I meant was I think in the new scheme LBs are going to be extremely important...and we don't have an elite one at any of the 4 starting positions yet...perhaps Mathis and Angerer do ok...but Freeney is probably gone so we have needs at the other MLB and OLB.

I also think McClellin if still on the board has the ability to be a future pro bowler too. He is dynamic and can rush the passer, play the run, and pass defend. Very versatile player.

Two big strong athletic guys. I like Hightower and McClellin. Both have had significant injuries knee and concussions. Looking forward to the draft. In MClellin I see Mecklinburg (sp) and Hightower a beast too. Thanks for the reply!!!

Also McClellin is an DE/OLB. He won't play ILB. Sorry. I should have been more specific. He is prototypical OLB/DE to replace Freeney when he leaves.

OK...I thought he would with his size. He is 262??? The good thing to me is he was a true LB...we need the 'big' in the middle. The bad thing is, so do the Pack and Ravens to offset age.

Two big strong athletic guys. I like Hightower and McClellin. Both have had significant injuries knee and concussions. Looking forward to the draft. In MClellin I see Mecklinburg (sp) and Hightower a beast too. Thanks for the reply!!!

Yeah McClellin had a concussion. I don't think there is as much risk for a defensive player since they should see the play developing. I mean everyone has something we could say about them but both those players are great. I honestly don't think either will fall to us but somebody has too! Every year some players fall because somebody like Weeden goes earlier than they should so lets hope a stud falls to us.

Yeah McClellin had a concussion. I don't think there is as much risk for a defensive player since they should see the play developing. I mean everyone has something we could say about them but both those players are great. I honestly don't think either will fall to us but somebody has too! Every year some players fall because somebody like Weeden goes earlier than they should so lets hope a stud falls to us.

I am with you on someone falling to us. We need to catch a break. Is Mclellin fast enough for OLB. I was thinking ILB because of intensity and size....4.63 is good for 260!!

I am with you on someone falling to us. We need to catch a break. Is Mclellin fast enough for OLB. I was thinking ILB because of intensity and size....4.63 is good for 260!!

He played DE but projects as a perfect DE/OLB by most scouts. Here is a little clip. He is very athletic and should have no problem playing OLB.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6LnW0ODnQ8

If we trade down to middle of 2nd round, Vinny Curry as 3-4 OLB does become real interesting to me. The playoff team range (21-32) has a bunch of 3-4 teams that would be willing to get Vinny Curry, so if we trade down from No.34, it has to be before No.53, IMO.

If we trade down to middle of 2nd round, Vinny Curry as 3-4 OLB does become real interesting to me. The playoff team range (21-32) has a bunch of 3-4 teams that would be willing to get Vinny Curry, so if we trade down from No.34, it has to be before No.53, IMO.

I like trading down. We need more picks! I would love to trade back with the Eagles (griggson could help with that). Swap 34/64 for 46/51. We could easily get two starters with those two picks easily that could help just as much as the 34 pick.

I would like to see us pick up extra picks in rounds 3-5 if possible. If we can trade back often I would do it.