3. Jeff Allen OG- Illinois

4. Nick Toon WR- Wisconsin

5. Eddie Whitley FS- Virginia Tech

5. Coty Sensabaugh CB- Clemson

6. Deangelo Peterson TE- LSU

7. Adrian Robinson OLB- Temple

7. David Paulson TE- Oregon

7. Garth Gerhart OC- Arizona St.

Personally I like this draft. I highly doubt Poe falls to us at 34 but if he did I think we would have to take him. I also dont like Whitley at the top of the 5th, but I like all the other picks. What do you guys think?

1. Luck QB- Stanford

2. Poe DT- Memphis

3. Jeff Allen OG- Illinois

4. Nick Toon WR- Wisconsin

5. Eddie Whitley FS- Virginia Tech

5. Coty Sensabaugh CB- Clemson

6. Deangelo Peterson TE- LSU

7. Adrian Robinson OLB- Temple

7. David Paulson TE- Oregon

7. Garth Gerhart OC- Arizona St.

Personally I like this draft. I highly doubt Poe falls to us at 34 but if he did I think we would have to take him. I also dont like Whitley at the top of the 5th, but I like all the other picks. What do you guys think?

Michael-What-the-office-10400786-400-226.gif

This looks like a Bill Polian draft.

Which means a Telesco draft. Grigson/Telesco know Bill Polian was great. Telesco was a part of many of our drafts. Poe will not be there....Fleenor will not be there. In a weak TE draft I cannot see us taking 2...it will be BEST AVAILABLE. We have 4 centers on our roster too. Wondering if Gerhart late as a 5th is good??? I wish AJ Shipley would prove to everyone just how BAD he was at Penn State...and move to guard.

I know the media has talked Poe up a lot but I have seen many who have him as the 5 ranked dt.... I don't think it is likely but is definitely possibly he drops to the second. I would be very excited to see his name called for our second round pick.

horrible draft

I happen to agree. Why draft Robinson? A DE with his hand down to OLB.....anybody want to say Jerry Hughes? Jerry moves to OLB....Both TEs are undersized, and why take two in a TE weak draft. Poe is gone....Fleenor will be gone(not on ths draft board) Allen is gone to the Bears in round 2....this mock draft is flawed in soooooo many ways....a 5th center is not a need...DBs....I agree with you!!

I happen to agree. Why draft Robinson? A DE with his hand down to OLB.....anybody want to say Jerry Hughes? Jerry moves to OLB....

I wouldn't raise too much of a fuss about taking a college DE to play 3-4 OLB in the NFL, that's how most of the great two-point stance rushers started out. heck, some of them didn't even project that well to the position but have excelled beyond expectations (Hali, Woodley, Kerrigan, etc.). The fact that Robinson has experience playing all over the field is a bonus.

You guys may already have Jerry Hughes but there's no harm in taking a 7th round flier on a guy if you like him. It's not like you don't need more than 3 OLB/DEs or that Hughes has really shown anything yet or even that Mathis and Freeney are guaranteed to work out under Pagano.

More or less agree with the other things you said, though.

I wouldn't raise too much of a fuss about taking a college DE to play 3-4 OLB in the NFL, that's how most of the great two-point stance rushers started out. heck, some of them didn't even project that well to the position but have excelled beyond expectations (Hali, Woodley, Kerrigan, etc.). The fact that Robinson has experience playing all over the field is a bonus.

You guys may already have Jerry Hughes but there's no harm in taking a 7th round flier on a guy if you like him. It's not like you don't need more than 3 OLB/DEs or that Hughes has really shown anything yet or even that Mathis and Freeney are guaranteed to work out under Pagano.

More or less agree with the other things you said, though.

I like the kid RG111. We have the 4 OLB covered with Mathis, Hughes....and Urgh...Freeney. You make a good point, but I feel we have LB covered (just me speaking)

I like the kid RG111. We have the 4 OLB covered with Mathis, Hughes....and Urgh...Freeney. You make a good point, but I feel we have LB covered (just me speaking)

I

don't. I would take McClellin in round 2 if I could. LBs and NT are the cornerstones of a great 3-4. I would be very surprised if Freeney is here in 2013. To me we have to look for that future OLB. I mean look at the 3-4 teams. When they have great seasons from OLB they typically are very dangerous teams. If I thought Freeney was going to be a 4-5 year solution at the position I wouldn't feel that way but as of right now...I think he is a one year left guy. We have to have a contingency plan for him leaving and at least have some leverage in negotiating.

I would like to see us focus on OG, DT,OLB early and CB, WR, TE late.

I don't care for this draft either. I'm glad Poe will be gone by the 34th pick. He could end up being a star, but we can't afford to take a chance on him or any other player with that boom or bust label. We need to hit on Rounds 1-3 with guys who will eventually start or our "reloading" could suffer a major setback. I was hoping that Donta Hightower was going to be there at #34 but his stock has been rising and it looks like one of the other 3-4 defensive teams will take him in the 1st. Could've been nice to have Hightower and Angerer anchoring our LB corps. Our strategy should be "best available" at each pick. Picking early in each round almost always means that you'll get someone with previous round talent that will fall to you. I hope Grigson is really concentrating on WR video for this draft. We could use a real 'find' at that position and there's a ton of really big WRs in this draft class. We just need to find one who can also make an impact.

I don't. I would take McClellin in round 2 if I could. LBs and NT are the cornerstones of a great 3-4. I would be very surprised if Freeney is here in 2013. To me we have to look for that future OLB. I mean look at the 3-4 teams. When they have great seasons from OLB they typically are very dangerous teams. If I thought Freeney was going to be a 4-5 year solution at the position I wouldn't feel that way but as of right now...I think he is a one year left guy. We have to have a contingency plan for him leaving and at least have some leverage in negotiating.

I would like to see us focus on OG, DT,OLB early and CB, WR, TE late.

I was really talking about another DE turned OLB. I have said since day 1 it will be best available by need. I will never argue a NT and OLB are cornerstones of the 3/4. I too think this is it for Freeney. I hope he proves us all wrong.

Just a note, it's fully mocked by actual people, at least until the 3rd as far as I know (and maybe all the way.) This is the first time Poe fell, and his stock has been falling. I don't think he will fall all the way out of the first, but I wouldn't be surprised.

I'm curious as to what everyone hates so much. Other than not being the usual names, I don't see it being garbage, though I hate the Poe pick.

If there is a LB position I would take early, it would be ILB since ILB in a 3-4 is a different beast and if either Angerer or Conner do not pan out well, we will have a quality body in the rotation. The 3-4 front will need 2 ILBs, so another quality ILB is only going to help.

If there is a LB position I would take early, it would be ILB since ILB in a 3-4 is a different beast and if either Angerer or Conner do not pan out well, we will have a quality body in the rotation. The 3-4 front will need 2 ILBs, so another quality ILB is only going to help.

Who do you suggest at 34 as an ILB? DGambill suggests Shea Mclellin from Boise. I do not think he will be available myself. If he falls you do not teach 6'3 260 in a 3/4. I have seen some comparing him to Carl (Karl?) Mecklenburg for those who remember him as a relentless LB. I think the Steelers, Ravens, and Giants will make the diff...in our picks. If Fleenor goes to Pittsburgh, the Ravens take McLellin for Ray Lewis's eventual replacement.(Suggs in 11th year/Lewis starting 18th?) Then Giants come in and take Fleenor if the others do not. The Pack also like Mclellin...

Back to my original question, other than Mclellin, what other big ILB is worth the 34?

Back to my original question, other than Mclellin, what other big ILB is worth the 34?

Donta Hightower, he has been used as nickel LB and in other scenarios in Saban's 3-4 as ILB. If he is there, he is definitely worth the No.34, IMO.

I feel there will be a run on WRs and CBs early on, so OL, DL and LBs will be there to pick from at No.34.

Donta Hightower, he has been used as nickel LB and in other scenarios in Saban's 3-4 as ILB. If he is there, he is definitely worth the No.34, IMO.

I feel there will be a run on WRs and CBs early on, so OL, DL and LBs will be there to pick from at No.34.

I guess he was kind of off of my radar screen after that knee injury. It looks like he has made a miraculous recovery. He is an athletic beast. Thanks for the reply. I like the idea of a true LB especially at 6'4" 265.....maybe he can give the new wave monster TEs a good hit over the middle!!! Gonna be fun.