Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Eagles trade for Quinn

Indyfan4life

Eagles acquired EDGE Robert Quinn from the Bears in exchange for a fourth-round pick.

The Eagles are 6-0 and have their sights set on a Super Bowl. With Derek Barnett (knee) lost for the season in Week 1, Quinn gives the Eagles more juice off the edge, alongside guys like Haason Reddick, Brandon Graham, and Josh Sweat. Quinn, 32, has 102 career sacks and had been on the trade block dating back to the offseason. Going to Philly puts him in a spot to contribute in a playoff run.

RELATED: 

Chicago Bears

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Oct 26, 2022 at 3:56 PM ET

39 minutes ago, sb41champs said:

The Eagles and 49ers are clearly "all in" on their teams this year.

One has to wonder when the "Grim Reaper from salary cap hell" comes calling?

If they win a super bowl I don’t think they will really care.  No one wins back to back Super Bowls any more.  It’s hard enough to just win one.  You are guaranteed nothing    the following year.  Look at the Rams.  They lose Miller to the Bills in FA.  Then their great LT retires.  When you’re close teams go for it.  They’re not worrying about salary cap hell. 

51 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Eagles  are undefeated and still have the 4th pick in the draft. Because they have the saints pick I think. That is crazy but could be a opportunity for a team that needs a QB to move up.  They took a risk on Hurts and it has paid off because they don’t need a QB.

Hate to trade with the Eagles but their RB position is not all that great with Miles Sanders. So, giving JT and 2 first rounders (1 will be a swap) will help us move into the TOP 5 with them. Heck, we are the franchise that traded away Marshall Faulk to the NFC, it would be like deja vu but would help both teams. We will see how it plays out with other NFC teams in that range.

18 hours ago, Indyfan4life said:

Eagles acquired EDGE Robert Quinn from the Bears in exchange for a fourth-round pick.

The Eagles are 6-0 and have their sights set on a Super Bowl. With Derek Barnett (knee) lost for the season in Week 1, Quinn gives the Eagles more juice off the edge, alongside guys like Haason Reddick, Brandon Graham, and Josh Sweat. Quinn, 32, has 102 career sacks and had been on the trade block dating back to the offseason. Going to Philly puts him in a spot to contribute in a playoff run.

RELATED: 

Chicago Bears

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Oct 26, 2022 at 3:56 PM ET

good move by the Eagles.  After a great start they see that they have a legit shot so they made a move.  

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Hate to trade with the Eagles but their RB position is not all that great with Miles Sanders. So, giving JT and 2 first rounders (1 will be a swap) will help us move into the TOP 5 with them. Heck, we are the franchise that traded away Marshall Faulk to the NFC, it would be like deja vu but would help both teams. We will see how it plays out with other NFC teams in that range.

Sadly you take the trade and draft your potential future QB next season

On 10/29/2022 at 2:20 PM, Indy87 said:

If the eagles win the SB it’s damn sad to see for colts fans considering who their HC is. 

Sometimes, you need that young gun that has the aptitude but also the fire. I always saw that with Nick Sirianni. I am sure he is grateful to Reich for the chance he gave him that helped him move ahead in his career but the NFL is not for long though. That is why teams are going all in for trades (Rams last year, Eagles and 49ers this year). 

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Sometimes, you need that young gun that has the aptitude but also the fire. I always saw that with Nick Sirianni. I am sure he is grateful to Reich for the chance he gave him that helped him move ahead in his career but the NFL is not for long though. That is why teams are going all in for trades (Rams last year, Eagles and 49ers this year). 

seems the colts are behind the curve. 

Archived