Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL.com ranks all NFL QBs heading into the season

jonjon

On 9/8/2022 at 2:03 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Matt Ryan is so underrated. They actually have Ryan Tannehill rated higher. This list is a joke. 

He'll have his chance to prove them wrong. I think for the moment because of all the question marks he's in the right spot, but it could be argued he should be at 14 ahead of Tannehill and Hurts. 

4 hours ago, RollerColt said:

He'll have his chance to prove them wrong. I think for the moment because of all the question marks he's in the right spot, but it could be argued he should be at 14 ahead of Tannehill and Hurts. 

I think he should be ahead of Murray, Cousins,  Dak, and Carr too. I think Dak and Carr are good but I would rather have Matt going into 2022. Dak gets a lot of hype because he plays for Dallas, Carr just got Adams so he is rated real high too. Murray at 10 is comical, Cards will not make the playoffs IMO. Whoever made this list, if one asked them who would you rather have Matt Ryan or Ryan Tannehill, if they said Ryan Tannehill I would do this Homer Simpson Laughing GIF by FOX TV

27 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Tom Brady #1?? Come on.

I would take Rodgers, Allen, Herbert, Burrow and Mahomes above Brady now. Burrow, Allen and Herbert are what I wish the Vikes had now. 

No love for Tom? Tom Brady Football GIF. I actually have Mahomes #1, Rodgers #2, Allen realistically should be 3rd, and Tom at #4 because this list isn't a lifetime achievement award but Tom is still dangerously good and it is hard to ignore he has won 7 SB's. I have Matt Ryan 10th, he is definitely better than Ryan Tannehill even at 37. Cousins is top 16 IMO, maybe even a tad better so at least be glad you have a QB that is top half of the league. Dalvin Cook makes that engine go much like Taylor does for us.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

No love for Tom? Tom Brady Football GIF. I actually have Mahomes #1, Rodgers #2, Allen realistically should be 3rd, and Tom at #4 because this list isn't a lifetime achievement award but Tom is still dangerously good and it is hard to ignore he has won 7 SB's. I have Matt Ryan 10th, he is definitely better than Ryan Tannehill even at 37. Cousins is top 16 IMO, maybe even a tad better so at least be glad you have a QB that is top half of the league. Dalvin Cook makes that engine go much like Taylor does for us.

One could make a great case for Burrow being #1. He is the only one over 70% passing with an incredible 8.9 yards per attempt and more yards (4600+) than most of the others in one fewer game (16, not 17 games). I have no problem with the higher INT numbers -- it shows someone not afraid to make a mistake (plays to win as opposed to playing "not to lose") He also has fewer fumbles than most of these guys. He is a winner. In his young career he has played in a Super Bowl.

Burrow #1 :D What do you think, @RollerColt?

9 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

One would make a great case for Burrow being #1. He is the only one over 70% passing with an incredible 8.9 yards per attempt and more yards (4600+) than most of the others in one fewer game (16, not 17 games). I have no problem with the higher INT numbers -- it shows someone not afraid to make a mistake. He also has fewer fumbles than most of these guys.

I have him 5th. I would go as of today:

1. Mahomes

2. Rodgers

3. Allen

4. Brady

5. Burrow - something looks wrong with Stafford.

-I don't see Burrow having a better year than Brady. Last year Brady threw for 5300 yards and 43 TD's/only 12 INT's, Brady is still real dangerous. Cincy will win their division at 10-7 more than likely but watch out for Lamar and the Ravens. He is playing for a contract and Harbaugh is a great coach, they could steal that division with 10 wins as well. I don't like Cincy's O.Line at all, Burrow gets hit way too much. Brady may have that problem this year as well, they lost their Center and Guard.

Herbert is very good too.

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

1. Mahomes

2. Rodgers

3. Allen

4. Brady

-I don't see Burrow having a better year than Brady. Last year Brady threw for 5300 yards and 43 TD's/only 12 INT's, Brady is still real dangerous. Cincy will win their division at 10-7 more than likely but watch out for Lamar and the Ravens. He is playing for a contract and Harbaugh is a great coach, they could steal that division with 10 wins as well. I don't like Cincy's O.Line at all, Burrow gets hit way too much. Brady may have that problem this year as well, they lost their Center and Guard.

Herbert is very good. I would not mind having him either. He is like Andrew Luck in smarts. I love intelligent folks who have a lot of various interests like Luck and Herbert. (That was a concern in the draft, fearing that his other interests may have him retire early like Luck did.)

I love Burrow. He has swagger but still seems humble. He put up those numbers I mentioned coming back from a big injury. 

Brady will always have lots of yards. I would not be surprised if he has a lot more attempts than others... I just checked. He had 199 more attempts than Joe Burrow; therefore, it is no surprise that he has more yards than Joe. 

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

1. Mahomes

2. Rodgers

3. Allen

4. Brady

I have Allen winning MVP because I think Buffalo will have the best record and he will put up good enough stats to get it. Allen plays for the best team, they are better than Chiefs finally and better than GB, but Mahomes and Rodgers are the best still. Brady is just old but still has it. I like Burrow but Cincy had the Football God's on their side bigtime last year in the playoffs. Titans and Chiefs both made crucial mistakes in those playoff games. Mahomes performance was stunning in the AFC Title Game, his play in the 2nd half vs Cincy was the worse I have ever seen him play. I doubt that happens again. @NFLfan

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have Allen winning MVP because I think Buffalo will have the best record and he will put up good enough stats to get it. Allen plays for the best team, they are better than Chiefs finally and better than GB, but Mahomes and Rodgers are the best still. Brady is just old but still has it. I like Burrow but Cincy had the Football God's on their side bigtime last year in the playoffs. Titans and Chiefs both made crucial mistakes in those playoff games. Mahomes performance was stunning in the AFC Title Game, his play in the 2nd half vs Cincy was the worse I have ever seen him play. I doubt that happens again.

I love Allen too. He plays with passion. 

I think Burrow and Cincy can do it again. They have a young team for the next few years. They are a fun team to watch. Buffalo too. The AFC has some good looking teams and not named the Patriots. 

Just now, NFLfan said:

I love Allen too. He plays with passion. 

People laugh when I put Matt Ryan 10th, most have him around 14-16. Ryan now has the best RB in the league which will open things up for his game. Matt Stafford never won anything in Detroit because for the most part he didn't have a team around him. Put him in LA and he wins it all. In Atlanta, Matt at least was a hair away from winning a SB and he even won MVP. 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

People laugh when I put Matt Ryan 10th, most have him around 14-16. Ryan now has the best RB in the league which will open things up for his game. Matt Stafford never won anything in Detroit because for the most part he didn't have a team around him. Put him in LA and he wins it all. In Atlanta, Matt at least was a hair away from winning a SB and he even won MVP. 

Matt went to the SB too and was less than a quarter from winning, IIRC. 

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

One could make a great case for Burrow being #1. He is the only one over 70% passing with an incredible 8.9 yards per attempt and more yards (4600+) than most of the others in one fewer game (16, not 17 games). I have no problem with the higher INT numbers -- it shows someone not afraid to make a mistake (plays to win as opposed to playing "not to lose") He also has fewer fumbles than most of these guys. He is a winner. In his young career he has played in a Super Bowl.

Absolutely! He has that “it” factor. I guarantee that Super Bowl loss will fuel him this season. He’s going to take his anger out on the Steelers this weekend. 

On 9/10/2022 at 3:40 PM, RollerColt said:

Absolutely! He has that “it” factor. I guarantee that Super Bowl loss will fuel him this season. He’s going to take his anger out on the Steelers this weekend. 

Looked like it was the other way with the Steelers' D having their way for most of the game. :) 

On 9/10/2022 at 2:01 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Well, hate to say it, for most of the game, Matt Ryan played like his ranking??? :peek:

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Looked like it was the other way with the Steelers' D having their way for most of the game. :) 

Yeah, like Jesus Christ I was dead wrong on that one... I was dead wrong on pretty much everything today. 

Just as I was praising the Titans organization, they lost to the Giants... 

I'm not doing well mentally... 

On 9/10/2022 at 3:40 PM, RollerColt said:

Yeah. I'm going to just shut up from now on...

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

352 Yards and led a comeback down 20-3, you are right.

To an extent, I agree.

Well, so was it Matt Ryan or Frank Reich? Reich got out of the way, by necessity, I felt, and let Matt Ryan flourish later, IMO. Only commonality in the slow starts with Wentz and Ryan is Reich, and I would be seeing everything with blue colored glasses to deny it. No pandemic, no QB injuries in TC like with Wentz, what is the excuse to start this slow? Our OL pass protection was a concern and the concerns were not alleviated today.

Archived