Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 Camp Summary: Week3/Day2 (Aug8)

EastStreet

23 minutes ago, TaylorStillTruckedYou said:

I really like how he said the pressure production has been a regular thing for Odeyingbo.   If our D-line can step up and be consistent this year, we will continually tire out other teams offensive line this year with so many capable players

I love the thought of a Ngakoue / Dayo rotation at RDE. If Dayo has taken a step forward, LTs could be in for a lot of very long days. 

Can you imagine getting blasted early downs by Dayo, who is 3T size with DE quickness, then having to deal with Ngakoue's speed on passing downs after battling with a big strong body. 

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Campbell hurt again…. Go figure

Sounds like a nothing burger to me.

Tight hammy. Soft tissue issues hasn't really been his problem. And given the weather, not really shocked. 

They are off tomorrow, so we'll see on Wednesday if he's back or if they announce it's worse than thought. 

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

I love the thought of a Ngakoue / Dayo rotation at RDE. If Dayo has taken a step forward, LTs could be in for a lot of very long days. 

Can you imagine getting blasted early downs by Dayo, who is 3T size with DE quickness, then having to deal with Ngakoue's speed on passing downs after battling with a big strong body. 

That would be a welcomed sight, especially for how long it’s been since we’ve seen a dominant Dline.  Hope we can resign Ngakoue at a good price after the season ends

19 minutes ago, TaylorStillTruckedYou said:

That would be a welcomed sight, especially for how long it’s been since we’ve seen a dominant Dline.  Hope we can resign Ngakoue at a good price after the season ends

Yup, but I think our biggest problem has been scheme limitation. Had we been more one gap downhill pass rushing with Autry and Houston, we would have seen much better results. They both went on to do better at other places with a more aggressive scheme. 

13 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Sounds like a nothing burger to me.

Tight hammy. Soft tissue issues hasn't really been his problem. And given the weather, not really shocked. 

They are off tomorrow, so we'll see on Wednesday if he's back or if they announce it's worse than thought. 

Yeah well with his injury history, anything is questionable at this stage.

Funny, 1st article said there were only two legit starting competitions - SS and #2 TE.  From what I’ve read, there is clearly one more (if not two).  1) Flanker.  Dulin and Pierce are duking it out.  Until Dulin’s Monday dropsies, I’d say Dulin was winning.  I mean, maybe Pierce was getting 1st team time to get him reps vs. Gilmore, but I think PT at flanker will be on the line throughout PS.  2) 3rd cb.  Rodgers could force his way into the 3 cb line-up.  I’d say he and Parris have arguably had the team’s best camps, and I could see us putting KMIII (and his 32.5” arms) outside in place of Facyon (who’s had a good camp of his own) and plop Rodgers in the slot.  Rogers definitely deserves some share of those reps, anyway.

Archived