Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mock Drafts

sb41champs

Mock Drafts  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What is your opinion of mock drafts?

• Love them - follow them closely
    • Will follow the opinions of only 1 or 2 draftniks
    • Can take them or leave them
    • Are you mocking me?

1 hour ago, sb41champs said:

What is your opinion of mock drafts:

1.  Love them - follow them closely

2.  Will follow the opinions of only 1 or 2 draftniks

3.  Can take them or leave them.

4.  Are you mocking me?

Three

Most mocks are incredibly inaccurate.  I don't want to know what draft guru Bob say Team X will take with their number whatever pick.

I will, however, pay attention to their Big Boards.  And compare them to other people's Big Boards.  This gives me better information on what people think about the relative talent of the players.

I enjoy them only because I like the discussions and breakdowns of why they put players in certain spots. It’s a fun way for me to predict who may be available when we pick then be excited when a guy I like is there at our pick followed quickly by disappointment that we don’t  take him lol.  

Though the last two years we actually took guys I wanted in MPJ and KP which has been the first time that’s happened since I’ve followed the draft about 12-14 or so years. 

I voted that i love them and follow them closely which is normally true but this has been an off year for me.  A little swamped with work but plan on looking over them this weekend or maybe early next week.

I used to swear by pro football weekly's published book by Joel Bushbaum in the 90s.  I would go through the whole thing and mark it up.  They don't print those anymore and i don't go into pouring over them like i used to but i still love it.

Rob Rang is the guy I started following more lately.   

I always like to see post draft who was closest to right in their predictions on their mock drafts.   The problem now is they all post so many incantations of a mock which one do you rely on

They're interesting because they discuss player strengths, and sometimes weaknesses and how they would fit with certain team.

But as far as predicting who goes where, they're kind of pointless.

I like when they list player rankings by position better.

2 hours ago, Smonroe said:

They're interesting because they discuss player strengths, and sometimes weaknesses and how they would fit with certain team.

But as far as predicting who goes where, they're kind of pointless.

I like when they list player rankings by position better.

Pretty much spot on with how I look at it....

3 hours ago, sb41champs said:

Everyone has their opinion.

I wish I could get paid big $$ for MY opinion.   LOL

Mock drafts are rarely even close - except for - perhaps - the top handful of picks.

Yep. they try to find a need for each team and put a player in there.      If I ever find one that goes by BPA and Value I'll follow them.  

Archived