cap space - about 38 M

Cut/Retire:

Jack Doyle

TY

Banogu

Campbell

Cap Space - about 49M

Trade

Seahawks receive: Carson Wentz, Ryan Kelly, 4th this year, next year 1st, next year 3rd

Colts receive: Russell Wilson (restructure and extend 28M this year 40M next three years)

Cap Space - about 58M

Resign:

Chris Reed - 2y/3M

Ziare Franklin - 1y/1.5M

Mac - 2y/6M

Odum - 1y/1M

Turay - 1y/2M I think Gus will use him better or flip a switch with him. 

Glow - 2y/5M

Pryor - 1y/1M

Cap Space - about 44M

Sign F/A:

Harold Landry - 5y/90M (10M year 1)

Levi Wallace - 3y/24M (5M year 1)

Kalif Raymond - 1y/2m 

Christian Kirk - 4y/38M (7M year 1)

Erik Harris - 1y/1M

Gerald Everett - 2y/12M (5M year 1)

Cap Space - about 14M

7 round PFF mock draft simulator

R2 - Kellen Diesch LT- moves quick, recognizes plays, gets down field for the run fast, he needs to get a little stronger and he needs to slow down a touch; he looks like he is just a tenth of a second off on blocks downfield 

R3 - Leo Chenal SLB-  not the quickest but can stop the run, plays the qb on the way to the run and hits hard, decent in zone, man to man is a no go

R4 - Dylan Parham G- He could start, very strong, holds his ground, doesn't move the best side to side, but he can get down field for a run if needed

R4 - Darrian beavers MLB- can cover rbs and most tight end, can cover sideline to sideline, plays the run, struggles to get in the back field, can square up tackles, struggles to get away from blocks

R5 - Jack Jones CB - Throwing darts lets show our new DC we care 

R6 - Cade York K LSU - We all saw the what happened when the Bengals drafted a Kicker and this dude has got a leg

R7 - Doug Kramer C Illinois - Dart

R7 - Charleston Rambo WR Miami - Dart (triple 20)

Colts 2 Deep

QB - Wilson, Ehlinger

RB - MVP, Hines

TE - Everett, Alie-Cox

WR - Pittman, Raymond, Coutee

WR - Kirk, Rambo

LT - Diesch, Pryor

LG - Nelson, Reed

C -  Pinter, Kramer

RG - Parham, Glowinski

RT - Smith, Coleman

DE - Landry, Turay

DT - Buckner, Cline

NT - Stewert, Williams

DE - Paye, Dayo

WLB - Leonard, Speed

MLB - Okereke, Beavers

SLB - Chenal, Franklin

CB -  Wallace, Ya-Sin, Jones

CB - Moore, Rodgers

FS - Blackman, Odum

SS - Willis, Harris

K - York

P - Sanchez

LS - Rhodes

Landry isn’t leaving Tennessee. Both sides have publicly said they want to re-up. 

Your trade for Wilson is going to cost another 1st Rd pick. You can try to add what you want with supplements to the trade but it’s not happening without 2 #1’s and it might just be three.  Wilson would be an $18 million cap hit the first year.  If you can move Wentz and Kelly you’ve freed up a bunch of future money so it wouldn’t hurt to restructure Defo and Grover which frees up $14 million immediately. 

I applaud your attempt to make sense out of the Colts situation.

I also think that you will find, just as the Colts will, that it's easier to plan for it than it is to convince player to sign what we offer, want to come here, or beat whatever it is their existing teams give them.

But good attempt!  Don't quit trying!

On 2/14/2022 at 7:57 PM, DaColts85 said:

The biggest thing about all of this is Russell Wilson has a no trade clause. Why does he say yes to us?

Someone has to sell them that it’s a much more winnable division than where he’s at with the Seahawks right now.  

Someone Wilson respects would need to sell him on the culture in Indy. It seems like he and Frank would be a match on and off the field.  Frank probably has got the most that anyone could have out of the revolving QB situation. Both are big into faith. 

He would have to be assured that the team is committed to putting the missing pieces around him.  Wilson was at his best with Lynch. That piece is already in Indy. 

Lastly, Irsay need to make his private jet available to Ciara. All chips in for the owner too. 

On 2/13/2022 at 10:44 PM, FirsTime said:

cap space - about 38 M

Cut/Retire:

Jack Doyle

TY

Banogu

Campbell

Cap Space - about 49M

Trade

Seahawks receive: Carson Wentz, Ryan Kelly, 4th this year, next year 1st, next year 3rd

Colts receive: Russell Wilson (restructure and extend 28M this year 40M next three years)

Cap Space - about 58M

Resign:

Chris Reed - 2y/3M

Ziare Franklin - 1y/1.5M

Mac - 2y/6M

Odum - 1y/1M

Turay - 1y/2M I think Gus will use him better or flip a switch with him. 

Glow - 2y/5M

Pryor - 1y/1M

Cap Space - about 44M

Sign F/A:

Harold Landry - 5y/90M (10M year 1)

Levi Wallace - 3y/24M (5M year 1)

Kalif Raymond - 1y/2m 

Christian Kirk - 4y/38M (7M year 1)

Erik Harris - 1y/1M

Gerald Everett - 2y/12M (5M year 1)

Cap Space - about 14M

7 round PFF mock draft simulator

R2 - Kellen Diesch LT- moves quick, recognizes plays, gets down field for the run fast, he needs to get a little stronger and he needs to slow down a touch; he looks like he is just a tenth of a second off on blocks downfield 

R3 - Leo Chenal SLB-  not the quickest but can stop the run, plays the qb on the way to the run and hits hard, decent in zone, man to man is a no go

R4 - Dylan Parham G- He could start, very strong, holds his ground, doesn't move the best side to side, but he can get down field for a run if needed

R4 - Darrian beavers MLB- can cover rbs and most tight end, can cover sideline to sideline, plays the run, struggles to get in the back field, can square up tackles, struggles to get away from blocks

R5 - Jack Jones CB - Throwing darts lets show our new DC we care 

R6 - Cade York K LSU - We all saw the what happened when the Bengals drafted a Kicker and this dude has got a leg

R7 - Doug Kramer C Illinois - Dart

R7 - Charleston Rambo WR Miami - Dart (triple 20)

Colts 2 Deep

QB - Wilson, Ehlinger

RB - MVP, Hines

TE - Everett, Alie-Cox

WR - Pittman, Raymond, Coutee

WR - Kirk, Rambo

LT - Diesch, Pryor

LG - Nelson, Reed

C -  Pinter, Kramer

RG - Parham, Glowinski

RT - Smith, Coleman

DE - Landry, Turay

DT - Buckner, Cline

NT - Stewert, Williams

DE - Paye, Dayo

WLB - Leonard, Speed

MLB - Okereke, Beavers

SLB - Chenal, Franklin

CB -  Wallace, Ya-Sin, Jones

CB - Moore, Rodgers

FS - Blackman, Odum

SS - Willis, Harris

K - York

P - Sanchez

LS - Rhodes

First off.... thanks for doing this, I always enjoy reading "GM for a day" posts  

I like the out of the box thinking

As mentioned, the resign numbers are a bit lower than what it might take to resign. 

Your "shopping list" might end up being shorter

Campbell is on his last year of rookie deal. You may want to keep him (he wont save us much)

Overall

I would love to have Wilson play in Indy this year. I think it will cost a bit more

I LOVE the Landry signing - he is EXACTLY what the Colts need

I LIKE the Kirk signing .... he has the speed to be that separation guy that is missing today

I DONT LIKE a 2nd round rookie starting at LT

Thanks for posting

On 2/15/2022 at 9:11 PM, Hawkeyecolt said:

Someone has to sell them that it’s a much more winnable division than where he’s at with the Seahawks right now.  

Someone Wilson respects would need to sell him on the culture in Indy. It seems like he and Frank would be a match on and off the field.  Frank probably has got the most that anyone could have out of the revolving QB situation. Both are big into faith. 

He would have to be assured that the team is committed to putting the missing pieces around him.  Wilson was at his best with Lynch. That piece is already in Indy. 

Lastly, Irsay need to make his private jet available to Ciara. All chips in for the owner too. 

Having a run game here is good and he would have a better o-line. That’s it though. WR’s are worse. And honestly I could see other options showing up that he would entertain more. I could be wrong. The jet thing for Ciara is laughable though. Not happening. 

Archived