Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 13 Around-the-NFL Game Thread, December 5, 2021

NFLfan

22 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Oh.. but if we beat pats head to head it doesn't matter if we are tied right?

If only us and Pats were tied head to head but when multiple teams tied goes to AFC record unless one team beat all the others tied with. Likely will be a lot of teams 10-7 or 9-8

9 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

7-0 KC.

If we end up with the 7th seed we might have to play in NE. I like how we play on the road but that is one place I do not want to go.

We are going to have to beat a winning team at some point in our lives, might as well fancy our chances against a rookie with no playoff experience as opposed to a hungry Bills team that wants revenge on us and is more battle tested having played a division winner schedule vs KC and Titans. I'd rather play a team that is easier to run on than a team that is harder to run on, so that it gives us the best matchups, so I would take the Patriots over the Bills on that front because the Mac Jones rookie run ride will end at some point in time.

2 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Colts really are in good shape no matter what happens tomorrow night. Bills lose and they play Tampa next Sunday. Could put colts ahead of Bills. If bills win against NE us beating pats will put colts ahead. We are in great shape.

Really and the pats and bills are gonna feast on each other the next few weeks. Bills get Bucs while we get patriots if we can beat them I'll feel good about our chances

4 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Really and the pats and bills are gonna feast on each other the next few weeks. Bills get Bucs while we get patriots if we can beat them I'll feel good about our chances

We would probably be better off with a pats win tomorrow but either way is good.

Titans are playing jags. They should win but Titans are really struggling and that jags defense can give teams issues. Titans then have SF when we play NE. So will be watching those two games. If for some reason Titans would lose both and Colts best Ne we are tied with 3 games to go with TN having tiebreaker. 

SF is  in the WC race so that will keep them motivated against a injured Bengals team next week.

Just now, Wentzszn said:

We would probably be better off with a pats win tomorrow but either way is good.

Titans are playing jags. They should win but Titans are really struggling and that jags defense can give teams issues. Titans then have SF when we play NE. So will be watching those two games. If for some reason Titans would lose both and Colts best Ne we are tied with 3 games to go with TN having tiebreaker. 

The more I think about it, we just need to win out and not worry about the other crap around us. We go 11-6, we have a 97% chance of making the playoffs per ESPN odds because of the scheduling. That means a lot would have to go wrong for us not get in.

1 hour ago, coltsfan_canada said:

Nick Sirianni vs Frank

Whose team has better chance to make it to playoffs?

Also who has talented team?

Big win by Eagles 

QB is the issue. Bench Hurts, play Minshew, get the most out of your pass catchers. Other than a sorry poor man's Lamar Jackson, Jalen Hurts can't throw down the seams, just outside the numbers vs 1-on-1 coverage and is spottily accurate at best. He is like a Tim Tebow where he needs college like separation to hit his WRs in stride. Minshew gets more out of them and thus they don't see loaded boxes vs the run either. If Minshew plays the rest of the way, they have a chance to make the playoffs at best, still not division winning talent like the Colts are. 

1 hour ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Number 1seed Patriots.. Brady and bill sold Their souls

No kidding. But on the bright side, if we make it in as a #7 seed, let our revenge tour start with the Ravens at #2 and then the Titans at #3 seeding. I can always dream. :) 

Patriots

Ravens

Titans

Chargers (still not sold on Chiefs offense this year)

Bills

Chiefs

Colts

That would be nice. 

22 minutes ago, chad72 said:

No kidding. But on the bright side, if we make it in as a #7 seed, let our revenge tour start with the Ravens at #2 and then the Titans at #3 seeding. I can always dream. :) 

Patriots

Ravens

Titans

Chargers (still not sold on Chiefs offense this year)

Bills

Chiefs

Colts

That would be nice. 

We wouldn't even see the titans until the afccg is those were the standings.. the 7seed gets punished bad for getting the 7th seed.. play number 2 immediately followed by playing the 1seed

2 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

We wouldn't even see the titans until the afccg is those were the standings.. the 7seed gets punished bad for getting the 7th seed.. play number 2 immediately followed by playing the 1seed

Oh yeah, I forgot about that, you are right. 

2 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

Colts really are in good shape no matter what happens tomorrow night. Bills lose and they play Tampa next Sunday. Could put colts ahead of Bills. If bills win against NE us beating pats will put colts ahead. We are in great shape.

I don't really agree.   Just because we are dependent on other teams losing.   We do not control our destiny yet.  We could win out and not make it into the playoffs.   Odds are we would, but it's not for certain yet.  

On 12/5/2021 at 11:20 PM, Myles said:

I don't really agree.   Just because we are dependent on other teams losing.   We do not control our destiny yet.  We could win out and not make it into the playoffs.   Odds are we would, but it's not for certain yet.  

I have done what I think are all the scenarios, and I do believe if the Colts win out they are in. Even though they are not in at the moment, the other contenders have a lot of games vs each other, and we would eventually jump anywhere from 5-7 seed.  

Colts win out = 11-6 (this eliminates Raiders and gives NE 5th loss)

Week 14 - Ravens v Browns  

Week 15 - KC v LAC,  Bengals v Broncos,  Tenn v Pitt

Week 16 - Ravens v Bengals,  Pitt v KC, Buff v NE

Week 17 - KC v Bengals,  Broncos v LAC,  Browns v Pitt

Week 18 - Pitt v Ravens,  Bengals v Browns, KC v Broncos,  

On 12/5/2021 at 11:20 PM, Myles said:

Because so many teams play each other that are in the wild card hunt we will.  Tiebreakers would be huge for us.

23 hours ago, coltsva said:

I have done what I think are all the scenarios, and I do believe if the Colts win out they are in. Even though they are not in at the moment, the other contenders have a lot of games vs each other, and we would eventually jump anywhere from 5-7 seed.  

Colts win out = 11-6 (this eliminates Raiders and gives NE 5th loss)

Week 14 - Ravens v Browns  

Week 15 - KC v LAC,  Bengals v Broncos,  Tenn v Pitt

Week 16 - Ravens v Bengals,  Pitt v KC, Buff v NE

Week 17 - KC v Bengals,  Broncos v LAC,  Browns v Pitt

Week 18 - Pitt v Ravens,  Bengals v Browns, KC v Broncos,  

I think you are correct now.   If we win out we will be in. 

I think it is needless thinking at this time as I don't think they will win out.   But that's just my thinking and not certain.  

12 hours ago, Myles said:

I think it is needless thinking at this time as I don't think they will win out.   But that's just my thinking and not certain.  

I think the Colts are good enough to win out. It’s just hard to feel confident about any 7-6 team doing it. 

23 hours ago, Myles said:

If Bengals, Chargers, Bills won out we would miss the playoffs. But what I don’t know is if those three teams play each other at all where it guarantees a win for us. I don’t think those 3 teams will win out though. 

53 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

If Bengals, Chargers, Bills won out we would miss the playoffs. But what I don’t know is if those three teams play each other at all where it guarantees a win for us. I don’t think those 3 teams will win out though. 

No those 3 teams don't play each other the rest of the way but you are not going to have to worry about any of those teams winning out anyway. If that happens I am playing the lottery. Bills still play at Tampa and at GB. Chargers still play the Chiefs, they beat the Chiefs last time so the likely of Mahomes getting swept is slim and none and Slim left the building. Bengals still play the 49ers, at Ravens, at Browns. 

10-7 will get us in at least as a 7th seed.

18 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

No those 3 teams don't play each other the rest of the way but you are not going to have to worry about any of those teams winning out anyway. If that happens I am playing the lottery. Bills still play at Tampa and at GB. Chargers still play the Chiefs, they beat the Chiefs last time so the likely of Mahomes getting swept is slim and none and Slim left the building. Bengals still play the 49ers, at Ravens, at Browns. 

10-7 will get us in at least as a 7th seed.

Bills don’t play GB. They play at NE. Which is what I think you meant. 

I think the way it plays out is:

Chiefs will get the #1 seed at 12-5.

Pats will get the #2 seed at 11-6, they have the tie breaker over the Titans.

Titans will get the #3 seed at 11-6 = they have a cupcake schedule the rest of the way but like I said the Pats have the tiebreaker over them.

Ravens will get the #4 seed at 11-6 = Titans have tiebreaker over the Ravens.

WildCards

#5 seed Chargers = 11-6, I can see them losing only 1 more that is to KC.

#6 seed Bengals = 10-7

#7 seed Colts = 10-7. I have us losing at Cards. I think we upset the Pats if people want to call it that and we manhandle the Raiders and Jags.

Others

#8 seed Bills = 10-7, Colts own tiebreaker over them.

Looking at the other teams schedules = Browns, Raiders, Broncos, and Steelers, I can't see any of them winning 10 games. We need the Bills to lose and we will be good. I can't see them winning at Tampa or at NE. If they do win one of those games, it will get dicey.

13 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Bills don’t play GB. They play at NE. Which is what I think you meant. 

Yeah I meant at NE :thmup:

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think the way it plays out is:

Chiefs will get the #1 seed at 12-5.

Pats will get the #2 seed at 11-6, they have the tie breaker over the Titans.

Titans will get the #3 seed at 11-6 = they have a cupcake schedule the rest of the way but like I said the Pats have the tiebreaker over them.

Ravens will get the #4 seed at 11-6 = Titans have tiebreaker over the Ravens.

WildCards

#5 seed Chargers = 11-6, I can see them losing only 1 more that is to KC.

#6 seed Bengals = 10-7

#7 seed Colts = 10-7. I have us losing at Cards. I think we upset the Pats if people want to call it that and we manhandle the Raiders and Jags.

Others

#8 seed Bills = 10-7, Colts own tiebreaker over them.

Looking at the other teams schedules = Browns, Raiders, Broncos, and Steelers, I can't see any of them winning 10 games. We need the Bills to lose and we will be good. I can't see them winning at Tampa or at NE. If they do win one of those games, it will get dicey.

Yeah I meant at NE :thmup:

Most likely, on a short week game, Chargers beat KC on TNF to take the AFC West, that will be their defining and shocker moment of the 2021 season, just wait. 

7 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Most likely, on a short week game, Chargers beat KC on TNF to take the AFC West, that will be their defining and shocker moment of the 2021 season, just wait. 

Even if they do it won't affect us because I have both making the playoffs anyway but I don't see it. MaHomes getting swept is almost like Belichick or Peyton losing to a team 2 times in a row, it rarely happens. 

16 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

What’s crazy is in 2020 colts had to take it to the last game to get that 7th seed with 5 losses. If the number one seed has five losses that would be crazy.  The AFC is so wide open it’s nuts. There is not one dominate team.

It is going to boil down to us and the Jags again, they always play us tough but we are the better team.

Archived