Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What will see from Dez tonight?

EastStreet

What will see from Dez tonight?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What will see from Dez tonight as far as snaps are concerned?

• Under 20%
    • 20-40%?
    • 40-60%
    • 61% or more
    • not at all
  2. 2. How will Dez be mostly used?

• Outside in a Z type role (with Pittman on the outside too as X)
    • Outside at X (with Pittman playing slot or Z type routes)
    • Inside at big-slot
    • Mostly in just a limited/specialized way (ie "go-route")
    • won't get snaps tonight

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/05/2021 at 12:20 AM

4 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

We needed the ones we had to stay healthy. Seems like every year out good WR get injured. Not much you can do when two of your starters are injured.

Personally I would like to see Patmon and Strachan put into bigger roles. Let’s see what they can do. Doesn’t  do much if they aren’t getting many snaps. Let them sink or swim.

cambell is not a starter though he was beat out in training camp .  it was ty pascal and pittman .   even when healthy they are middle of the pack or worse .  ty is not even close to how he was in his prime cambell and pascal are not that good and pittman is solid .   we need a true one two punch to be able to judge wentz properly .

14 hours ago, EastStreet said:

How do you see him fitting into the scheme, and from a X, Z, bully or traditional slot perspective. And how does that impact the other guys on the roster.

Assuming what ive said pans out Id like to see Pittman being the #1 receiver. Patmon being #2 playing mostly from the outside. Pascal being #3.  And Campbell being #4 whenever he gets back.#5 receiver being Dulin/Coutee I suppose. Id like to fit Strachan in there somewhere although i still dont think hes ready. Im not putting TY in the convo even though i know he will be. Im just saying what id like to see like right now. I attached numbers to all of them but they all can be moved around depending on the defensive look.

1 hour ago, krunk said:

Assuming what ive said pans out Id like to see Pittman being the #1 receiver. Patmon being #2 playing mostly from the outside. Pascal being #3.  And Campbell being #4 whenever he gets back.#5 receiver being Dulin/Coutee I suppose. Id like to fit Strachan in there somewhere although i still dont think hes ready. Im not putting TY in the convo even though i know he will be. Im just saying what id like to see like right now. I attached numbers to all of them but they all can be moved around depending on the defensive look.

So who's X? Who's running motion Z and so on?

I like some of it, but how does it fit scheme wise?

4 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

Dez looked really smooth on that catch. I know it’s just one catch but he looked very fluid and smooth. I liked what I saw on it.

He always look fluid and smooth at Wash State almost like he was gliding at times, his cut were crisp as Leach didnt ask that much of his Wide Outs and didnt use size to his advantage much, those are things he has been working on since turning pro. He spent part of summer working out with Pittman and Carson in Cali so has some chemistry despite being out with injury for so long.

Archived