Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Week 5 Practice/Injury Report (Ravens)

EastStreet

3 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

My guess is V will probably play that 50% then. Could get interesting if both miss.

We just have to be able to run to keep the pressure off Wentz. If we are constantly in third and long it’s going to get ugly. I find it encouraging Wentz talked about checking down today to Hines and Taylor being important this game.

What about Speed?

Baltimore has a top 5 run D. We're better run blocking than pass pro. Will be interesting to see if we can move it on the ground. 

I think regardless, we'll still have to pass to win. We need to attack their blitz. 

Haven't seen enough of Speed to say one way or the other.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Baltimore has a top 5 run D. We're better run blocking than pass pro. Will be interesting to see if we can move it on the ground. 

I think regardless, we'll still have to pass to win. We need to attack their blitz. 

Haven't seen enough of Speed to say one way or the other.

Hopefully Wentz is even more healthy and we throw some things in there that ravens haven’t seen on tape yet. We need to use more motion and getting Wentz outside the pocket. Wentz said there is things they have not got too because of his injury. Throw some things in there for campbell too that isn’t on tape yet. Playbook will need to be more open.

37 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Their OT situation could really impact them. As long as one is back and 90% they'll be fine though.

Not sure I'd assign Leonard to him this week. Oke has been pretty poor vs the run, but he might be faster at this point. Might even want to go exotic and have a DB shadow him like Sendejo.

I’d put that challenge on Blackmon. He’s a good tackler near the box.

8 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Hopefully Wentz is even more healthy and we throw some things in there that ravens haven’t seen on tape yet. We need to use more motion and getting Wentz outside the pocket. Wentz said there is things they have not got too because of his injury. Throw some things in there for campbell too that isn’t on tape yet. Playbook will need to be more open.

I think we'll see a lot screens and just general RB passes. I hope we run some slants with Campbell and Pittman to take advantage of their ILBs.

2 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

I’d put that challenge on Blackmon. He’s a good tackler near the box.

I agree he's great down hill, but who is going to play FS if he's shadowing Jackson in the box?

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I think we'll see a lot screens and just general RB passes. I hope we run some slants with Campbell and Pittman to take advantage of their ILBs.

I agree he's great down hill, but who is going to play FS if he's shadowing Jackson in the box?

Could this be a game where we see more 3 safety looks as long as Willis plays?

8 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Could this be a game where we see more 3 safety looks as long as Willis plays?

Perhaps, but you can't let Watkins and Brown run wild either. And Andrews is a very capable TE.

If you go 3 Ss in nickel, you're going down a CB, likely your NB (Moore). 

If you do 3 Ss in dime, you're going down a DL or LB

32 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

The other safety you mentioned.  I personally don’t think we have a good FS on the team.

17 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

The other safety you mentioned.  I personally don’t think we have a good FS on the team.

I agree we don't really have a natural fit for FS.

Blackmon is probably the best we have though now unless you want to move a CB to be FS.

Sendejo is a huge hitter, so he's better as a box shadow IMO.

Video Games No GIF by HyperX

Mod Note:

Any off-topic discussion has been removed from this thread. Please keep posts relevant to the topic and if grammar/spelling is something you want to talk about, please feel free to start a new topic in the Misc section.

We try to read through as much as we can, but we don't see everything. If a thread de-rails like this, please click the 3 dots in the upper right of the offending post, select "Report", then select the applicable reason. This alerts the mod team to the issue, so we can take applicable action as soon as possible.

thanks @Wentzszn

Sounds like tomorrow will be tell tale days for Smith, as well as both Ts for Baltimore. 

If Stanley and AV are out for the Ravens, that will even things out a lot.

Personally not banking on Smith, but at least he's been out there with trainers. Starting to feel like Paye's situation may be worse than thought. 

15 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I agree we don't really have a natural fit for FS.

Blackmon is probably the best we have though now unless you want to move a CB to be FS.

Sendejo is a huge hitter, so he's better as a box shadow IMO.

If RYS is playing, I don't mind having Carrie on the FS some plays with Julian near the box

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

thanks @Wentzszn

Sounds like tomorrow will be tell tale days for Smith, as well as both Ts for Baltimore. 

If Stanley and AV are out for the Ravens, that will even things out a lot.

Personally not banking on Smith, but at least he's been out there with trainers. Starting to feel like Paye's situation may be worse than thought. 

I am thinking another week, at least, but also could see a wait till the SF game, next week is Texans who dont have edge guys. They just need to leave pryor out there and no davenport

6 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I am thinking another week, at least, but also could see a wait till the SF game, next week is Texans who dont have edge guys. They just need to leave pryor out there and no davenport

Yup. I'm on team-Pryor lol.. 

Davenport's snaps did decrease last week IIRC with Pryor's increasing.

Hopefully that means that coaches are gaining confidence in him. 

Just sucks being without our two best OLs... 

I like Reed, but he's much better in run blocking than pass pro. And Fisher just looks horrible in pass pro so far.

The right side being improved with Pryor (potentially) would be huge.

Miami blitzed at a high rate, but has low caliber guys for the most part. Raven blitz at a high rate, with higher caliber guys. OL needs to have a good game, or as good as possible. 

Reich did say because Pryor came in late he had to get caught up with the playbook. Hopefully his  snaps increase even more this week. I am scared for Wentz if we can’t run or get the screen game going to keep pressure off. Wentz will probably be off the injury report next week since he practiced in full both days so far.  

Hopdfully Kelly is more rest then a big injury. Since he practiced in full yesterday seems like more rest. But it’s also possible he injured it the last play of practice.

13 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Reich did say because Pryor came in late he had to get caught up with the playbook. Hopefully his  snaps increase even more this week. I am scared for Wentz if we can’t run or get the screen game going to keep pressure off. Wentz will probably be off the injury report next week since he practiced in full both days so far.  

Hopdfully Kelly is more rest then a big injury. Since he practiced in full yesterday seems like more rest. But it’s also possible he injured it the last play of practice.

2 things, one I wonder if Wentz will be the rest of the season on the Report since there are always those bumps and bruises, keep it clear so team doesnt get fined. 

and 2 what was Kelly injury diagnoses?

1 minute ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

2 things, one I wonder if Wentz will be the rest of the season on the Report since there are always those bumps and bruises, keep it clear so team doesnt get fined. 

and 2 what was Kelly injury diagnoses?

They haven’t done that in the past. There was a time even Leonard wasn’t on the report earlier on season.  Kelly is listed as a groin.

4 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

They haven’t done that in the past. There was a time even Leonard wasn’t on the report earlier on season.  Kelly is listed as a groin.

True, But I am thinking it will be a lingering issue at least until the bye, even if not major.

And ahh, well hopefully Kelly isnt too bad there just a little hit there:lol:

1 minute ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

True, But I am thinking it will be a lingering issue at least until the bye, even if not major.

And ahh, well hopefully Kelly isnt too bad there just a little hit there:lol:

Buckner played with a thumb injury where he could barely use his hand all season last year. Was never on the injury report. 

5 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Wilkins' got the infamous non-football-illness tag.

Guessing we're likely to see Mack again this week.

Could the Ravens be a potential trade partner for Mack after this game?  Would be great to showcase him in a win and then trade him to them afterwards.  

9 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

Could the Ravens be a potential trade partner for Mack after this game?  Would be great to showcase him in a win and then trade him to them afterwards.  

I really doubt the Ravens are looking to add another RB. 

They've got Murray and Freeman. And Williams looked very good in the first 3 games.

And don't forget they have Bell on the PS. 

I'd personally be using Williams, but for whatever reason the Ravens scratched him from last weeks actives.

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I really doubt the Ravens are looking to add another RB. 

They've got Murray and Freeman. And Williams looked very good in the first 3 games.

And don't forget they have Bell on the PS. 

I'd personally be using Williams, but for whatever reason the Ravens scratched him from last weeks actives.

The OC said they are having problems finding enough snaps with the ones they have. With Lamar running most of the time they are probably good.

7 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Depends on Hines. We most likely won’t be blowing the Ravens out so Taylor will probably get the bulk of the carries.

Doubt they're going to run Hines a bunch with a hurt shoulder. Might throw to him, but can't see him running between the tackles. And JT can carry it every time.

Archived