Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Week 5 Practice/Injury Report (Ravens)

EastStreet

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Fun random fact that doesn’t matter. I bet some of you didn’t know that Isaac Rochelles brother in law in Ronnie Stanley. Their wives are sisters.lmao We will see if Stanley plays.

Did Ronnie get married? I knew he was engaged to Rochell's sister in law but didn't know he pulled the trigger yet.

8 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I don’t think he is married yet. Just got engaged. I just didn’t know how to say it without the sentence being a mess. LMAO

IIRC, they've been together for a long time. Perhaps before he got drafted. 

Rochell just got married this year though.

7 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Who is that?

6 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

My guess is Hines and Leonard will be good to go. Just testing nagging injuries. Hines did say that the shoulder didn’t bother him the rest of that game. Wentz getting full practice is pretty big for building more chemistry and getting this offense on track.

And i just found it surprising to see him not practicing after 3 years, it is more a crazy thing that he went that long

25 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

If the  ravens offense is missing both tackles really a huge deal? Seems with Jacksons playing style it probably doesn’t hurt too bad. I do think Jackson had been sacked more then Wentz though so maybe it is a big deal.

Yes it is he still needs time to throw the ball

31 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

If the  ravens offense is missing both tackles really a huge deal? Seems with Jacksons playing style it probably doesn’t hurt too bad. I do think Jackson had been sacked more then Wentz though so maybe it is a big deal.

It's a fluid situation (their Ts in general)

IIRC,

• Vil was playing RT before Stanley got hurt
  • Vil moved to LT and Mekari started at RT.
  • Now both Stanley and Vil are gimpy and Mekari would likely move to LT if neither can go.
  • They don't have another T on the 53, so likely using a G or bringing someone up from the PS. 

Not wishing injury on anyone, but if neither can go, could be a very good thing for us. 

Just now, EastStreet said:

IIRC,

• Now both Stanley and Vil are gimpy and Mekari would likely move to LT if neither can go.
  • They don't have another T on the 53, so likely using a G or bringing someone up from the PS. 

Not wishing injury on anyone, but if neither can go, could be a very good thing for us. 

Wow. That is interesting. If they can slow down jackson running could get interesting.

Just now, Wentzszn said:

Wow. That is interesting. If they can slow down jackson running could get interesting.

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

IIRC,

The one thing I wonder is while yes Jackson runs and can, but with their Ts being down or hobbled, how likely could we push them into Jackson to knock him down/off balance at least

2 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

The one thing I wonder is while yes Jackson runs and can, but with their Ts being down or hobbled, how likely could we push them into Jackson to knock him down/off balance at least

At worst, it help us set an edge and contain. 

It's set back too just for their RBs.

1 minute ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I am thinking the Texans game will be his earliest, but wouldnt be surprised now if he isnt back until the SF game

Since they didn't put him on IR I was thinking he would be back this week.

32 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I am thinking the Texans game will be his earliest, but wouldnt be surprised now if he isnt back until the SF game

Since he is doing stuff on the side today I expect him to be limited by Friday. If that is the case probably won’t play Monday. They may not even have him practice if there is no chance for him to play. They would want to make sure all those snaps went to who was going to play and not to one who wasn’t. I think next week is more likely for him to play.

5 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Since he is doing stuff on the side today I expect him to be limited by Friday. If that is the case probably won’t play Monday. They may not even have him practice if there is no chance for him to play. They would want to make sure all those snaps went to who was going to play and not to one who wasn’t. I think next week is more likely for him to play.

IMO, he'll be LP on Saturday. Doesn't mean he'll play. Wish we knew more about the injuries (foot/thumb).....

Need Leonard back as well, but I'm more optimistic he'll be back. I think this will be a weekly thing with Leonard this year.

40 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

IMO, he'll be LP on Saturday. Doesn't mean he'll play. Wish we knew more about the injuries (foot/thumb).....

Need Leonard back as well, but I'm more optimistic he'll be back. I think this will be a weekly thing with Leonard this year.

Ya I believe he is going to continue this way all season, to manage his ankle and generalness

44 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Ya I believe he is going to continue this way all season, to manage his ankle and generalness

I just wonder if it's a situation where the damage can get worse, or just a case where the clean up didn't do what it was supposed to, can't really do more damage, and just becomes a pain management weekly cycle. 

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

43 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I'm guessing Leonard would be tasked with shadowing Jackson.  That ankle could really be a factor.  Hopefully the DLine can keep containment on him.

(I almost said that last sentence with a straight face, ha)

1 minute ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

I'm guessing Leonard would be tasked with shadowing Jackson.  That ankle could really be a factor.  Hopefully the DLine can keep containment on him.

(I almost said that last sentence with a straight face, ha)

Their OT situation could really impact them. As long as one is back and 90% they'll be fine though.

Not sure I'd assign Leonard to him this week. Oke has been pretty poor vs the run, but he might be faster at this point. Might even want to go exotic and have a DB shadow him like Sendejo.

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Their OT situation could really impact them. As long as one is back and 90% they'll be fine though.

Not sure I'd assign Leonard to him this week. Oke has been pretty poor vs the run, but he might be faster at this point. Might even want to go exotic and have a DB shadow him like Sendejo.

Did Villanueva play last game? Has he been playing with this injury just taking a day off here and there from practice?

I don't trust Oke in the open field.  Nope, not gonna do that.  Sendejo has a better shot.  From what I've seen thus far he's been a pretty dependable tackler.

8 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Did Villanueva play last game? Has he been playing with this injury just taking a day off here and there from practice?

He played about 50% of snaps. Smith, an OT from their PS, played the other 50%. 

And just so you know, Mekari (who is now starting at RT while AV is at LT) is basically the back up RT, RG, and C lol... He a good swing guy.

So if Stanley and AV are out, they'd basically be starting one backup and one PS guy at Ts.

11 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

I don't trust Oke in the open field.  Nope, not gonna do that.  Sendejo has a better shot.  From what I've seen thus far he's been a pretty dependable tackler.

Believe, I cringed just typing that, but if Leonard is severely slowed, might not have choice lol.. 

If you go Sendejo, you're either giving up coverage (subtracting one DB from our standard nickel coverage), or you'd have to go Dime and give up a DL or LB.

Stinks we don't have good LB depth. 

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

He played about 50% of snaps. Smith, an OT from their PS, played the other 50%. 

And just so you know, Mekari (who is now starting at RT while AV is at LT) is basically the back up RT, RG, and C lol... He a good swing guy.

So if Stanley and AV are out, they'd basically be starting one backup and one PS guy at Ts.

My guess is V will probably play that 50% then. Could get interesting if both miss.

We just have to be able to run to keep the pressure off Wentz. If we are constantly in third and long it’s going to get ugly. I find it encouraging Wentz talked about checking down today to Hines and Taylor being important this game.

Believe, I cringed just typing that, but if Leonard is severely slowed, might not have choice lol.. 

If you go Sendejo, you're either giving up coverage (subtracting one DB from our standard nickel coverage), or you'd have to go Dime and give up a DL or LB.

Stinks we don't have good LB depth. 

What about Speed?

Archived