Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Notre Dame Football Thread

For the ND lovers... Saw we didn't have a 2021 thread.

Big game tomorrow!!

Prediction... ND by 20

@landrus13 @Virtuoso80

Full transparency....

I love ND and IU. ND is #1 CFB for me though.

I like and will cheer for Purdue, Ball State, and Tennessee so long as they are not playing ND or IU.

Teams I hate

All of ND's rivals.... Especially Meatchicken, USC, Stanford, and Miami.

Most IU rivals... 

All SEC teams but TN

Ohio State.... especially.

Any team Lame Kittin is coaching...

4 minutes ago, Virtuoso80 said:

Would be interesting how FSU's qb rebounds from that horrific injury he sustained a couple years ago.

The FSU QB situation seems to be an "OR" situation right now. I think Milton wins out, but I'm surprised it's still not a clear cut QB. Travis simply wasn't that good last year.

13 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Be interesting to hear Drew Brees as analyst for Notre Dame, wonder how long that lasts? Hoping he gets an offer to coach Purdue some day, that would be pretty cool.

Hope it last for a long time. Whatever happens, just no more Flutie lol...

Wont's see Drew tonight. Tonight we have BC alum Tessitore and Bama homer McElroy..... meh...

On the optimistic side, Katie George is part of the team tonight... nice.

1 hour ago, Virtuoso80 said:

That game was closer than it should have been.  ND let them get back into it, :facepalm:.  Still got the W but execution needs to be better.

Fun, fun, game.... I'm always glued to every ND and Colts game.... but was totally in "can't take my eyes away" mode....

ND needs a lot of work in some areas, mostly OL and run D, but there were a lot of positives. Foskey, Hamilton, Coan, Austin, Wilkins... And while Mayer made some key mistakes, he still filled up the stat sheets and made some key plays.

We really need to make great use of the tune up game next week.

4 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Fun, fun, game.... I'm always glued to every ND and Colts game.... but was totally in "can't take my eyes away" mode....

ND needs a lot of work in some areas, mostly OL and run D, but there were a lot of positives. Foskey, Hamilton, Coan, Austin, Wilkins... And while Mayer made some key mistakes, he still filled up the stat sheets and made some key plays.

We really need to make great use of the tune up game next week.

Mayer needs to catch the ball better.  He is usually catching everything within reach.  Hamilton made an eye popping play on that interception, came across the field from one side to another to make the feet dragging interception, I was like holy crap, where did he come from? :lol:

21 minutes ago, Virtuoso80 said:

Mayer needs to catch the ball better.  He is usually catching everything within reach.  Hamilton made an eye popping play on that interception, came across the field from one side to another to make the feet dragging interception, I was like holy crap, where did he come from? :lol:

Both 1st round guys. 

I'm not usually for taking a S or TE with a 1st, but I'd make an exception for these guys. We won't likely have a 1st next year anyway, so maybe one drops lol.. 

Yup, Mayer had two bad plays. Still, he had some great ones to offset. If we would have lost due to his late drop, I would have been mad. 

1 minute ago, Virtuoso80 said:

Here they go again, playing down to their competition level :facepalm:.  Even though I didnt see the game since I dont have the peacock subscription.  But did follow the gamecast on espn.  

Toledo is a solid team, and favs to win the MAC. And our OL is stinky.... 

Our O was vanilla most of the day, but we moved well when needed.

Still a lot of missed tackles, gap mistakes, and blow coverages.

On 9/13/2021 at 10:55 PM, Four2itus said:

Over ranked at the beginning of the season. 

Perhaps. But... New QB. Mostly new OL. New DC and new D scheme. and only 3 returning full time starters on D.

I personally expected a slow start. Didn't expect our LT to go down early, nor his backup.

Archived