Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Okereke

Jackie Daytona

It's always a great idea to get ahead of the game when extending players of your own, before their price really escalates. That being said, I believe you can't be extended until the final year of your 4 year rookie deal. Wish we could extend him now since I also think he could explode this season provided he stays healthy *knock on wood.*

Oke had a good camp last year and poor regular season. His role is expanding, such so that he'll be playing on running downs (something he's struggled in). Most of the camp hype has been in the passing game vs 2nd through 4th QBs. Even if he was eligible, I'd let this one marinate. I hope he turns it on too this year, but his flashes vs the pass haven't dispelled my concerns.

4 hours ago, BProland85 said:

It's always a great idea to get ahead of the game when extending players of your own, before their price really escalates. That being said, I believe you can't be extended until the final year of your 4 year rookie deal. Wish we could extend him now since I also think he could explode this season provided he stays healthy *knock on wood.*

You can be extended after 3 years years.   Right now, Okereke has only played two, so he’s not even eligible.   He’s eligible after this season. 

Kids great, was taking alot of Walkers snaps last year. The only concern I have with Ok this year is the Run game. For the amount of flack Walker got on here for being bad in coverage, damn he was a stud against the run. Especially when Ok and even sometimes Leonard sometimes get caught up on blocks. I guess we'll see. Maybe Speed can fill that void.

Archived