Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Alabama and OSU Pro Days today

I watched both on NFLN.    

Jones looked good   But wow Fields can throw the ball.   There is a huge difference in throwing power.    IMO.  Jones will be a dink and dunker.   He is fun to listen to though.   Has a good sense of humor.    Fields is and looks so much bigger.  He is a well put together young man :woah:  Jones has more of a dad bod LOL. Fields is FAST!!

I'd take Fields easily.      

• BluesGirl changed the title to Alabama and OSU Pro Days today

Any rookie QB has to be protected so that their confidence and/or their body is not shot within 5 years (cough, cough, Grigson).

Fields is like a Josh Allen, IMO, in terms of what he can do physically. He is probably a better passer coming out of college. Still would do him good to go to a team with a vet like Matt Ryan to learn NFL speed and reads if he goes to a pass oriented system. He should be well protected in a run oriented system like the 49ers too if he starts Day 1. Maybe he is their target and not Jones.

5 hours ago, chad72 said:

Any rookie QB has to be protected so that their confidence and/or their body is not shot within 5 years (cough, cough, Grigson).

Fields is like a Josh Allen, IMO, in terms of what he can do physically. He is probably a better passer coming out of college. Still would do him good to go to a team with a vet like Matt Ryan to learn NFL speed and reads if he goes to a pass oriented system. He should be well protected in a run oriented system like the 49ers too if he starts Day 1. Maybe he is their target and not Jones.

Did you see Allen play in college.  Very good arm strength but had no receivers his senior year.I'm a huge fan of both guys but would not declair Fields a better passer coming out of college. He had much better receivers. Allen had good receivers his junior year but nothing his senior year.

1 hour ago, hoosierhawk said:

Did you see Allen play in college.  Very good arm strength but had no receivers his senior year.I'm a huge fan of both guys but would not declair Fields a better passer coming out of college. He had much better receivers. Allen had good receivers his junior year but nothing his senior year.

Point taken because just like between his junior and senior year in college where Allen’s completion percentage suffered with lesser weapons, the flip side happened in the NFL once he got Diggs. However in the AFCCG, he started spraying the ball again. 

We will see how Fields does, and if Allen continues his upward curve in the NFL. Both should be exciting players to watch, no doubt.

Archived