Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

32 Days 32 Teams New York Jets

danlhart87

31 days till the draft and today we discuss the New York Jets.

Jets hold a lot of leverage right now at 2nd overall.  The big question is will they keep Darnold or trade him. They have several options that could slowly dictate the 1st round. What are your thoughts?

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Only the Jets could blow the No.2 pick and not come away with Zach Wilson.

The big question to me is Darnold. There aren't many teams left that need QBs. Could we ultimately see a trade from a team like the Broncos who ultimately miss out on draft QBs.

After the trades I suspect 5 QBs go top 8.

46 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

The big question to me is Darnold. There aren't many teams left that need QBs. Could we ultimately see a trade from a team like the Broncos who ultimately miss out on draft QBs.

After the trades I suspect 5 QBs go top 8.

If that pushes a 1st round rated LT (typically there are 3 or 4 of them in most drafts) to No.21, I will not complain.

Remember the 2011 Castanzo draft, he was mocked to go to Detroit Lions at No.13 and Polians were mighty glad he fell to us at No.22. Tyron Smith, Nate Solder and Anthony Castanzo were the Top 3 OTs that year and we got the 3rd best OT and this year's OT class is deeper than that 2011 class. Whether it is better, only time will tell. :) 

6 minutes ago, chad72 said:

If that pushes a 1st round rated LT (typically there are 3 or 4 of them in most drafts) to No.21, I will not complain.

Remember the 2011 Castanzo draft, he was mocked to go to Detroit Lions at No.13 and Polians were mighty glad he fell to us at No.22. Tyron Smith, Nate Solder and Anthony Castanzo were the Top 3 OTs that year and we got the 3rd best OT and this year's OT class is deeper than that 2011 class. Whether it is better, only time will tell. :) 

I expect there to be plenty of OT or DE to choose at 21.

If I'm the Jets I draft QB then try to trade Darnold for 2nd and 5th maybe

19 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I expect there to be plenty of OT or DE to choose at 21.

If I'm the Jets I draft QB then try to trade Darnold for 2nd and 5th maybe

The Jets will be lucky if they got a 3rd for Darnold. 

9 minutes ago, chad72 said:

The Jets will be lucky if they got a 3rd for Darnold. 

The QB trade market is pretty high. Ballard is looking like a genius right now possibly only giving up 1 1st. Multiple QB oriented trades have featured Multiple 1s. 

1 minute ago, MPStack said:

I’m in the minority, that the Jets will not ddraft a QB at #2.

P. Sewell would be a slam dunk pick, but the Jets selected their LT last season. 

Thats why it wouldn't be wise to do it again. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if they threw a wildcard and drafted Pitts either.

5 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

The QB trade market is pretty high. Ballard is looking like a genius right now possibly only giving up 1 1st. Multiple QB oriented trades have featured Multiple 1s. 

Thats why it wouldn't be wise to do it again. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if they threw a wildcard and drafted Pitts either.

Not a fan of TE in the top 10, let alone top 5, but it would give Darnold a weapon. 

I would take a QB if I'm the Jets, but I am high on both Fields and Wilson.

I don't think Sam is the guy, nor is it very important what they do with him in the scheme of things.  They could trade him, sign as a backup after this year or just let him go in 2022.  That will come down to what kind of trade offers they get or what he looks like this year, he hasnt been good to this point

8 hours ago, MPStack said:

I’m in the minority, that the Jets will not ddraft a QB at #2.

P. Sewell would be a slam dunk pick, but the Jets selected their LT last season. 

If I was them, try to jump back a few picks, grab a WR, as they need some playmakers. I am certainly not sold on Wilson, to me he just kinda has a bust feel. In reality the top QB behind Lawrence to me is Lance, if he can sit behind for a year. Wilson and Fields, both just to me I think will bust (not be a starter for long)

It really all depends on which QB they are sold on.  If they are sold on more than 1, it might make sense to trade back a few spots.  

My guess is that they stay at #2 and draft a QB and keep Darnold as well because of lack of good trade offers.  

It's probably because they didn't want to show their hand, but they should have been active in trading Darnold while the QB carousel was spinning.   If you are drafting at #2 you can be pretty open, especially when you know who #1 is taking.

Archived