Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL The league of 2nd chances

danlhart87

The NFL has become the league of 2nd or 3rd chances with overlooking domestic violence and drug use. 

Its a joke that players like Hunt can just apologize their way to more playing time. Hill didn't even get suspended if I remember and then you have players like Josh Gordon which for some dumb reason the NFL keeps giving him chance after chance. 

The NFL needs to do a better job of making players accountable for their poor decisions. The Seahawks recently cut ties with one of their OL for a domestic violence incident but im wondering if he will be back in the NFL.

5 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

The NFL has become the league of 2nd or 3rd chances with overlooking domestic violence and drug use. 

Its a joke that players like Hunt can just apologize their way to more playing time. Hill didn't even get suspended if I remember and then you have players like Josh Gordon which for some dumb reason the NFL keeps giving him chance after chance. 

The NFL needs to do a better job of making players accountable for their poor decisions. The Seahawks recently cut ties with one of their OL for a domestic violence incident but im wondering if he will be back in the NFL.

Hunt, did get 8 games. Look at Ray Rice, never was in league again. Hill's was college, which was suspended or kicked off team or something like that. The one before or just after his extension with his kid, turned out to not be the case.

The Seahawk guys needs to be jailed, until trial, due to seeming psychopathic thinking he killed her, and just kept eating next to what he thought was a dead body 

26 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Hunt, did get 8 games. Look at Ray Rice, never was in league again. Hill's was college, which was suspended or kicked off team or something like that. The one before or just after his extension with his kid, turned out to not be the case.

The Seahawk guys needs to be jailed, until trial, due to seeming psychopathic thinking he killed her, and just kept eating next to what he thought was a dead body 

I guess its all a matter of context but even 8 games is a joke. Players who lay their hands on women shouldn't ever play in NFL period.

17 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

It’s not just the NFL. 

It’s basically all sports.   You don’t want to deprive someone of a way to earn a living with the rare skill set that they have. 

Josh Gordon may have been given many chances, but he’s also list the best part of a once promising career and the fortune that goes with it.   

Also....   all around the world, America is famous for being a country that gives its citizens a second chance.   We are a generous and forgiving country.   Personally, I think it’s a great quality for a country to have. 

My comments are focused only on drugs and alcohol,  NOT on domestic violence. 

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

It’s not just the NFL. 

It’s basically all sports.   You don’t want to deprive someone of a way to earn a living with the rare skill set that they have. 

Josh Gordon may have been given many chances, but he’s also list the best part of a once promising career and the fortune that goes with it.   

Also....   all around the world, America is famous for being a country that gives its citizens a second chance.   We are a generous and forgiving country.   Personally, I think it’s a great quality for a country to have. 

My comments are focused only on drugs and alcohol,  NOT on domestic violence. 

The Josh Gordon thing just never seems to end. He's got all the talent in the world and like several others wastes it.

That Seahawks OL Wheeler I hope never sets a foot on the field  ever again.

Glad we are on the same page with the domestic violence. 

20 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

I guess its all a matter of context but even 8 games is a joke. Players who lay their hands on women shouldn't ever play in NFL period.

Not defending them, but that it isnt always clear cut. Sometimes they are the victim, and may defend themselves, (i am saying in society, the men). But when it is a case like wheeler, where it is straight up that, then i agree with you. I mean look at what happened with Earl Thomas, who may have been unfaithful but didnt deserve a gun being pulled. 

6 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

The Josh Gordon thing just never seems to end. He's got all the talent in the world and like several others wastes it.

That Seahawks OL Wheeler I hope never sets a foot on the field  ever again.

Glad we are on the same page with the domestic violence. 

I still don't get Gordon and I am curious what is causing the reinstatement and then suspension. Is it still just weed or something else? Like if it is weed, they really need to just do what NBA did and not worry. If it is hard substance different story

Does Gordon even belong in this conversation. . . last I knew all he did was smoke weed.  

Now sure it's stupid as hell to pick weed over an NFL career.  But morally speaking we shouldn't compare someone who smokes weed to someone who beats up an innocent person.  

The Hunt incident didn't bother me much.  He was dealing with a crazy woman.   Shouldn't of did what he did, but it is somewhat understandable.

They let Vick back after the evil things he did.   I guess it's the NFL way.   

Archived