Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Texans QB Watson signs 4-year $160 million deal

NFLfan

I'm glad, as he's nowhere near that good.

Their ceiling has never been anything more than early round playoff fodder, but man....that much money tied up in one good but not great player along with the dearth of premium draft picks over the years.....their window will be closing very soon.

44 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Could that be true? $40 million per year for one player!

I don't think anyone is worth that much on a football team. Otherwise, it is a good move to retain a QB who is a leader and is good in the community.

Watson and Watt -- great guys.

Depending on incentives, Mahomes is going to make roughly $45-50 mill per. 

That rising tide just lifted Watson's boat.  Perhaps he’ll write Mahomes a thank you note?!  

On 9/5/2020 at 12:31 PM, MacDee1975 said:

I'm glad, as he's nowhere near that good.

Their ceiling has never been anything more than early round playoff fodder, but man....that much money tied up in one good but not great player along with the dearth of premium draft picks over the years.....their window will be closing very soon.

I won't say he is worth that much, but I think people underestimate what he has done.

For his career -  24-13 record.   66.8 completion %.   71 TD/29 INT.  101 passer rating.  1233 rushing yards.  5.7 YPC, 14 TD's.

22 hours ago, Myles said:

I won't say he is worth that much, but I think people underestimate what he has done.

For his career -  24-13 record.   66.8 completion %.   71 TD/29 INT.  101 passer rating.  1233 rushing yards.  5.7 YPC, 14 TD's.

True, his numbers are fine.  But he gets alot of empty stats.  Alot of 1 yard TD keepers that any other team would use a running back for.  Alot of 2 yard TD passes to the TE that any qb in the NFL including practice squad players could make.  In that game against Denver last year when Houston was down 4 touchdowns in quarter 4, any coach in the NFL would have their starter on the sideline.  OBrien kept Watson in for 2 meaningless TDs.  Stuff like that.  Yet Watson was nowhere to be found as KC rattled off 41 points in a row in the playoffs last year, nor was he against Indy in the playoffs the year before.

Its as though OBrien is a college coach and he's trying to prop Watson for the Heisman.

5 hours ago, MacDee1975 said:

True, his numbers are fine.  But he gets alot of empty stats.  Alot of 1 yard TD keepers that any other team would use a running back for.  Alot of 2 yard TD passes to the TE that any qb in the NFL including practice squad players could make.  In that game against Denver last year when Houston was down 4 touchdowns in quarter 4, any coach in the NFL would have their starter on the sideline.  OBrien kept Watson in for 2 meaningless TDs.  Stuff like that.  Yet Watson was nowhere to be found as KC rattled off 41 points in a row in the playoffs last year, nor was he against Indy in the playoffs the year before.

Its as though OBrien is a college coach and he's trying to prop Watson for the Heisman.

Even so, he has been great in his career and he is only 25.   Even with some meaningless stats, a 66.8 completion percent and a 101 passer rating is very good.  The 71/29 TD to INT is great as well.  

18 hours ago, MacDee1975 said:

Alot of 1 yard TD keepers that any other team would use a running back for.  Alot of 2 yard TD passes to the TE that any qb in the NFL including practice squad players could make.

How did they get to the 1 or 2 yard line to begin with.   Watson was much of the reason.  

I hate to say it, but I have this bad feeling he is not going to finish this season.  I don't trust his OL, and now he loses his security blanket in Hopkins.  I just feel like he's going to do one of his patented scrambles and nobody is gonna be there like when he had Hopkins and somebody is gonna blindside him and take him out for the year.  Don't know what week it will be but this is what I see happening.  He ran for his life at times last season and it will only get worse this year I'm afraid.  I'd certainly take him on my team though.

5 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

I hate to say it, but I have this bad feeling he is not going to finish this season.  I don't trust his OL, and now he loses his security blanket in Hopkins.  I just feel like he's going to do one of his patented scrambles and nobody is gonna be there like when he had Hopkins and somebody is gonna blindside him and take him out for the year.  Don't know what week it will be but this is what I see happening.  He ran for his life at times last season and it will only get worse this year I'm afraid.  I'd certainly take him on my team though.

I hope he leads Texans to Wildcard berth and OBrien gets a HUGE extension lmao

Archived