Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reich zoom call Rivers moving to Indy soon and will be throwing with WR

1 hour ago, King Colt said:

Word is Reich wants Rivers to sty put in Indy as a starter for at least two years and Rivers wants to play five more years.

Rivers says he doesn’t see himself playing as long as Brady. So I think no more then two years.  With the contracts  we have coming up we need our starting QB to play as much as we can on a rookie deal. If the colts feel Eason is ready I don’t think he will stay longer then two years.

21 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

We aren’t keeping 4 QB on the roster. We might not even keep one on the PS. If we keep 3 on the roster there really is no need to keep a 4th on the PS.

you  are right we are cutting jacoby and putting kelly in at second string . Let eason train and work on his flaws . kelly is ready to go if rivers plays bad

5 hours ago, King Colt said:

Word is Reich wants Rivers to sty put in Indy as a starter for at least two years and Rivers wants to play five more years.

Source? Before signing, he said it would be two years maximum. He wants to coach his kid in high school. 

11 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

It would awesome to see Hines lined up on the line of scrimmage and Mack or Taylor at RB at the same time. 

I would love to see a full house backfield.  Hines, Taylor, and Mack.  Before the snap you can move Hines to the slot or just run something from full house.  Only require one guy blocking, send the other two out of the backfield using play-action.  Heck, send all three out of the backfield if you want.  You could run a screen or a run up the gut.  If the safety creeps up then look for TY or Pitt on the outside.  Many options I would think?

BTW - somebody give me a clue: how is Hines picking up the blitz?

22 hours ago, Bolts2Colts said:

Source? Before signing, he said it would be two years maximum. He wants to coach his kid in high school. 

He is saying as of Monday 05/18 he wants to play for five more years with or without the Colts time will tell. He will most likely not be a starter after his time with the Colts so who knows what he will do or what the Colts will do.

20 minutes ago, King Colt said:
23 hours ago, Bolts2Colts said:

He is saying as of Monday 05/18 he wants to play for five more years with or without the Colts time will tell. He will most likely not be a starter after his time with the Colts so who knows what he will do or what the Colts will do.

There may be some confusion going on here. What we know has been said is:

In February, Rivers stated, "I can say for certain that if I'm playing, it's a two-year maximum."

Two days ago, Reich stated two things:

First, Reich said, "I really believe it's Philip's intent to play multiple years."

And second, in reference to Philips' next job as HS football coach, Reich said, "When the announcement was made, I knew this five years ago." 

So both Rivers and Reich think Philip will play more than one year (Reich) and no more than two years (Rivers).

And Reich knew about Rivers' next job 5 years ago.

I haven't seen anything this year that said Rivers intends to play NFL ball for 5 more years.

25 minutes ago, King Colt said:

I don’t see rivers playing for another team after the colts. Even if it’s just a year here. He said he won’t play as long as Brady and 5 years would make him older.  He already has a future job lined up. He isn’t going to move 9 kids again if he only plays here a year or two.

2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

I don’t see rivers playing for another team after the colts. Even if it’s just a year here. He said he won’t play as long as Brady and 5 years would make him older.  He already has a future job lined up. He isn’t going to move 9 kids again if he only plays here a year or two.

I agree it’s Colts or bust. I am already getting attached to the Colts and their kind midwestern fans.  Already bought my Colts gear and tickets to Raiders game. No more moves please. 

https://www.1075thefan.com/featured/colts-have-had-contract-extension-talks-with-ryan-kelly/?utm_source

On if Reich believes that Philip Rivers will play longer than his 1-year contract: “I won’t get into the contract negotiations only because I wasn’t in on those. That’s Chris (Ballard’s) job. Obviously, Chris keeps me up to speed with everything, especially on that contract. It’s contract negotiations. It was normal. There was push and pull on each side and multi-year deal, and this (type of) deal and trying to get numbers to balance out right. It finally just came down to what it was. I think the spirit of it was, ‘We are in this together. And, as long as Philip wants to play, he wants to be here.’ It’s the NFL. We know he’s got to prove it. We’ve got to prove it as a team to keep him wanting to play. I can just tell you from the previous relationship, I really believe it’s Philip’s intent to play multiple years. I personally believe that he’s more than capable of playing multiple years. But as far as how the contract gets worked out, it’s the NFL. We keep things realistic there. But I’m very optimistic it’ll be a multi-year thing.”

What will happen if Phillip has a great year but they think Eason is ready in 2021. Could they just not sign Rivers to give them more cap room. I think it is a big possibility they won’t bring him back even if he has a great year. This could just come down to a cap issue. Especially if the cap ends up going down because fans can’t attend games.

Archived