Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I still feel fromm will be good.

6 minutes ago, CantBeStopped said:

And a noodle of an arm

His arm is goos enough  to succeed  in nfl. I watched him complete 50 plus yard throws to receivers  in stride. If you can do that you don't  need 80 yard bombs

2 minutes ago, funktacious2 said:

I definitely like him a lot better than most on here, but if we take a QB I'd rather it be someone with more upside on their athleticism and arm talent.

Upside is pointless  if they don't  reach it. Eason would be top pick if he had Fromm's anticipation,  timing, touch

18 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Upside is pointless  if they don't  reach it. Eason would be top pick if he had Fromm's anticipation,  timing, touch

I agree with your point, I just think we disagree on it in the context of the future. The reasons you mentioned are definitely why I like Fromm better than most on here. That said our quarterbacks are Rivers, Brissett, and Kelly. I think whoever we take to replace Kelly needs to have good upside otherwise why are we doing it? Especially in the second round where Fromm is projected, or even the 3rd for that matter. Fromm makes more sense for a team like the Patriots who may be forced to go into the season with Stidham and could use someone who they can trust to come in and play sooner if needed, a team who has a lot of talent so his weaknesses can be lessened. That's not the situation the Colts are in. The Colts have a QB. They have a backup. The have a 3rd stringer who has shown good things. If we don't take someone like Love, Eason, or Hurts who have either great arms, athleticism or both. I don't think we take a QB at all and shouldn't. 

Still like him. Also think they can work more with him on his throwing motion. He looks like he's already on it a little judging by the video of his "pro day." He has a tendency, probably from his baseball days of throwing the ball like a shortstop, all upper body and not stepping thru his throws. Got worse in 2019. Go back and look at his 18 tape and he was stepping thru and getting more on the ball.

What I do really like is he seems to see the game and the field better than anyone other than burrow. And he doesn't get rattled.

10 hours ago, funktacious2 said:

I agree with your point, I just think we disagree on it in the context of the future. The reasons you mentioned are definitely why I like Fromm better than most on here. That said our quarterbacks are Rivers, Brissett, and Kelly. I think whoever we take to replace Kelly needs to have good upside otherwise why are we doing it? Especially in the second round where Fromm is projected, or even the 3rd for that matter. Fromm makes more sense for a team like the Patriots who may be forced to go into the season with Stidham and could use someone who they can trust to come in and play sooner if needed, a team who has a lot of talent so his weaknesses can be lessened. That's not the situation the Colts are in. The Colts have a QB. They have a backup. The have a 3rd stringer who has shown good things. If we don't take someone like Love, Eason, or Hurts who have either great arms, athleticism or both. I don't think we take a QB at all and shouldn't. 

If the Patriots  get Fromm Bill Bellichick  may win a few more super bowls.  He has all the tools to succeed  in the nfl. You don't  need a cannon to win. Hurts with and Love with Fromm's smart's  would be dangerous to 

4 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

Amazing talent on OL

lower completion %

Average arm

not a great mix

If you can’t be accurate in NCAA it isn’t easier in NFL

I would not want Fromm

Heard his best receiver was hurt during  his slump.

Fromm has small hands, and that does matter when it comes to bad weather games and sometimes throwing long.  

His slump came in rain soaked games, which probably happens more in the SEC than in some other conferences, especially out west.

His offense was not what I would call something than resembles modern passing offenses.  Even Alabama had a more wide open look to to their offense than UGA, IMO.  I think Fromm was held back by his coaching/team, not propelled by it.

If the Colts take Fromm, I'm fine with it as Ballard would think that any weaknesses can be schemed away well enough.  Remember, this is a quick hitting offense more than it is a chunk offense, not to say that chunk plays don't matter in a quick hitting O. 

On 4/6/2020 at 4:32 AM, Stephen said:

Has great timing and anticipation. Also good footwork

There's 2 videos where JT O'Sullivan breaks down 2 entire games of Fromm.  I saw nothing special from those videos.  Weak arm.  Limited  mobility.  Not as great as others make out with his timing & anticipation.  And he has some quirky ball flip thing that he does after receiving the snap.  Check out these videos.  Also go watch his combine throws.  It's clear as day his arm is not NFL caliber.

https://youtu.be/K38cw3EqL0w

https://youtu.be/MBQHan9IyH0

1 hour ago, Smoke317 said:

There's 2 videos where JT O'Sullivan breaks down 2 entire games of Fromm.  I saw nothing special from those videos.  Weak arm.  Limited  mobility.  Not as great as others make out with his timing & anticipation.  And he has some quirky ball flip thing that he does after receiving the snap.  Check out these videos.  Also go watch his combine throws.  It's clear as day his arm is not NFL caliber.

https://youtu.be/K38cw3EqL0w

https://youtu.be/MBQHan9IyH0

I saw those and that ball flip can be corrected. He's  not as flashy as other qbs and his arm is nfl caliber. 

I like the intangibles Fromm brings:  Leadership, calmness, determination.  He has great timing and touch but, I just worry about his arm strength and potential for continued growth.  Great kid just don't think he's more than a solid backup

Archived