Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Vegas Odd Of The Number Of Asros Hit By Pitches In 2020

As of 0218/2020 according to ESPN 83 1/2 Astros batters (1/2?) will be hit by pitches this season. This is reason enough to strip the cheating Stros of their trophy. Imagine baseball being aware of the coming reactions from the cheating and saying "please don't throw at the batters". That is never going to be sufficient. Take their trophy and be done with it voiding high spike slides in to the bases and bean balls. Obviously the Stros will respond with same. I wish the fans would organize a boycott of the home games for 10 games. Commissioner Manfred is a fool to think this is going to blow over. Fact: they cheated so apply cheating to all other ports including the Olympics and what would the consequences be. This ill be a dark cloud over Houston forever like the White Sox scandal.

From what I've seen and read, the Astros player and owner reactions have been sub-par.  None really accepting the blame and they all want to move on and prepare for this season.

However, the league has done next to nothing to punish them for the sign stealing.  A $5 million fine and loss of draft picks for the next two years.  Pretty minor stuff for an established organization that won't be hurt much with the loss of draft picks.  Nothing really that affects the players and coaches that were involved.  They investigated, found them guilty, then didn't impose a proper punishment.

I believe a lot of Astros hitters will get beaned this season as opposing players will take matters into their own hands.  But, those other players will get fined, suspended, etc.

IF MLB had handed down punishment via taking away their 2017 WS title, imposing suspensions for all current or former coaches and players who were involved, then I think the retaliation this season would be minimal, for the most part.  I could see the Dodgers doing something in retaliation regardless of punishment by MLB.

I wonder what the reaction would have been under previous commissioners going all they way back to Bowie Kuhn.  I think each of them would have handed down some serious punishment.

• 2 weeks later...

Players with direct involvement should have been suspended for half a season at least, IMO. There are so many other elements that existed outside the cheating on the field with regards to execution plus players that didn’t have direct involvement in it due to which stripped WS title wasn’t a cinch solution except for appeasing fans and other teams. 

They know they’ve to live with an asterisk next to their title all of their lives.

On 3/2/2020 at 7:15 AM, chad72 said:

Players with direct involvement should have been suspended for half a season at least, IMO. There are so many other elements that existed outside the cheating on the field with regards to execution plus players that didn’t have direct involvement in it due to which stripped WS title wasn’t a cinch solution except for appeasing fans and other teams. 

They know they’ve to live with an asterisk next to their title all of their lives.

But they keep their trophy and their rings.  

Archived