Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Interesting thought on Love

The most remarkable stat for Jordan Love - 23 big time throws when receivers had 1 step or more of separation, only 2 turnover worthy plays. He was second in the entire nation only behind Joe Burrow and Burrow was throwing to Ja'marr Chase and Justin Jefferson and Terrace Marshall and Thad Moss, etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, indykmj said:

Not a JB fan. But frankly, aside from the occasions when TY played at close to 100% and/or when Reich schemed a TE wide open, the same could be said for 

JB.

The other WRs consistently created almost no separation whatsoever. 

That's simply not true. There has been plenty of all-22 captures showing multiple guys wide open. And I'm not talking about TY. I'm talking about guys like Pascal, Rogers, Doyle, and the rest of the misfits. Doyle was also top 5 in separation out of all WRs/TEs in the league... JB's vision was just plain awful.

10 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

I guess he is saying his WR were so bad that when he gets nfl caliber WR they will get open more then they did at Utah state. Giving him a bigger window to throw.  That is a scary thought for teams playing against him.

I've laid out his 2018 vs 2019 seasons a few times on the board (not doing it again), but he has horrible pass catching support. He lost his top 5 pass catchers, and his best pass catcher in 2019 was a grad transfer from Utah who couldn't crack the starting lineup there. His WRs were also incredibly slow (horrible 40s) and small (IIRC)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, indykmj said:

Not a JB fan. But frankly, aside from the occasions when TY played at close to 100% and/or when Reich schemed a TE wide open, the same could be said for 

JB.

The other WRs consistently created almost no separation whatsoever. 

Completely false. One of the big reasons people really became fed up with him was because of how long he held the ball and had guys WIDE open. Every week on Twitter people were posting vids that showed guys wide open that he either didn’t see or he couldn’t accurately deliver the ball to. Brissett had plenty of talent (not to mention that Reich can scheme people open) last season. He was just couldn’t get it done. Not saying it was a classy thing to do, but that’s why Ebron quit on the team.

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

. JB's vision was just plain awful.

Funny, some stuff I read about the SB practices indicated that Love’s fatal weakness is poor field vision.  I guess if we select Love, CB must have a “type” at QB.  At least JB avoids negative plays, though....

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

That's simply not true. There has been plenty of all-22 captures showing multiple guys wide open. And I'm not talking about TY. I'm talking about guys like Pascal, Rogers, Doyle, and the rest of the misfits. Doyle was also top 5 in separation out of all WRs/TEs in the league... JB's vision was just plain awful.

I've laid out his 2018 vs 2019 seasons a few times on the board (not doing it again), but he has horrible pass catching support. He lost his top 5 pass catchers, and his best pass catcher in 2019 was a grad transfer from Utah who couldn't crack the starting lineup there. His WRs were also incredibly slow (horrible 40s) and small (IIRC)

If true, I stand corrected. As I said, I'm not a JB fan regardless. Unless

the ultimate goal is 10-11 wins and maybe, if all the stars align in a given

season, a shot at an AFC Champ game appearance (and loss), his ceiling is 

simply too low.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Archer said:

Funny, some stuff I read about the SB practices indicated that Love’s fatal weakness is poor field vision.  I guess if we select Love, CB must have a “type” at QB.  At least JB avoids negative plays, though....

Love had plenty of great vision when he had players in 2018. 

• Like 1