Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What player would you give up to sweeten a trade up?

1 hour ago, Valpo2004 said:

Depends on how far/who we are trading up for.  I might be willing to give up Nelson for Burrow although that's a tough call.  

I'm not sure how far Hooker would move us up the board.  I'm thinking maybe 5 spots for a team in need of a safety.  

As the topic suggested you’d be using Hooker to sweeten a deal, so you’d be giving up a pick as well. For example, you might offer our 2nd pick in the 2nd round and Hooker to move from 13 to 3. Detroit traded Diggs and could use another FS. Hooker will be going into his 4th year and you still have his 5th year option.

1 hour ago, Coffeedrinker said:

IF AC decides to retire then then Colts should talk him into waiting until after training camp to retire, then trade AC and a #1 pick to the Bengals and then laugh like crazy when AC retires.

Could you imagine what we would have gotten for Luck if we could have predicted he would retire?  I mean he looked like he was back to his old self.  Picks upon picks upon picks upon picks...

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Could you imagine what we would have gotten for Luck if we could have predicted he would retire?  I mean he looked like he was back to his old self.  Picks upon picks upon picks upon picks...

Probably could have traded him to the Cardinals for their entire draft and a couple of picks this year.

On 1/26/2020 at 9:07 PM, Moosejawcolt said:

I meant what I said. Hypothetical situation. Bengals trade u the  #1 pick for Leonar or Nelson and the Colts  #13. All day and everyday.

Lord no. One step forward, two steps back. That ain't the way to build a winning team. 

IMO, there are just a couple of players that are worth trading up for.

If Burrow falls from the top 2.

If word gets out that some team is going to draft Kinlaw before pick 13

If Chase Young falls from the top 2.

And then, I don't know if any of them are generational talents.

• Like 1

On 1/29/2020 at 3:26 PM, Defjamz26 said:

As the topic suggested you’d be using Hooker to sweeten a deal, so you’d be giving up a pick as well. For example, you might offer our 2nd pick in the 2nd round and Hooker to move from 13 to 3. Detroit traded Diggs and could use another FS. Hooker will be going into his 4th year and you still have his 5th year option.

I doubt Hooker #13, and #44 could get us from 13 to 3.  The value of those picks increase exponentially when they get to the top.  

2 years ago the Jets gave up 3 second round picks to move up 3 spots from 6 to 3.  Hooker himself could maybe get us from 13 to 8 (if the team needs a safety).  I don't see how we could get all the way to 3 from there with just another 2nd round pick.  

On 1/30/2020 at 9:22 AM, Coffeedrinker said:

IF AC decides to retire then then Colts should talk him into waiting until after training camp to retire, then trade AC and a #1 pick to the Bengals and then laugh like crazy when AC retires.

I am guessing that would be a violation of an NFL rule.  

Also teams knowing he was considering retirement would be wondering why the hell we're suddenly interested in trading our franchise left tackle.  

It's unlikely they would offer us picks without putting conditions on them... One of those conditions being that he you know. . . actually plays.  

There are other issues with this, another one being that we would have to sign AC to a new contract first.  (His contract is up)  Another being that AC even if he is going to play isn't worth all that much because he's getting paid more money and he's in his 30's.  By himself with a moderate sized contract you could maybe pull a 5th for AC.  

11 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

I am guessing that would be a violation of an NFL rule.  

Also teams knowing he was considering retirement would be wondering why the hell we're suddenly interested in trading our franchise left tackle.  

It's unlikely they would offer us picks without putting conditions on them... One of those conditions being that he you know. . . actually plays.  

There are other issues with this, another one being that we would have to sign AC to a new contract first.  (His contract is up)  Another being that AC even if he is going to play isn't worth all that much because he's getting paid more money and he's in his 30's.  By himself with a moderate sized contract you could maybe pull a 5th for AC.  

Thanks... it was a joke.