Cap Space 33.5 mil

Free Agent

Michael Brockers 3 year 42 mil 14 mil G

Vance Mcdonald 2 year 15 mil 7 mil G

Cap Space 11.5 mil

Draft

Colts trade their 44th pick and next year 2nd with the Chargers

1. Justin Herbert QB Oregon

I think the past year has showed that Brisett's limitations especially with passes past 20 yards will keep the offense from being effective and not allow us to take advantage of Hilton and Campbell. Herbert has a beautiful deep ball and can actually move inside and outside the pocket.

2. Justin Jefferson WR LSU

Its a stretch yes, but there a lot of good WRs in this draft so he can fall to our redskin pick. Jefferson's had an amazing 2019 year as Burrow's top option and this allows him to grow with Herbert

3. Kyle Dugger S Lenoir-Rhyne

Small small prospect with huge upside at 6 2 215 and 4.4 speed. Gives us a replacement for Geathers and adds much needed depth to our secondary.

4. Matt Peart T Connecticut

I don't see the colts re-signing Clark so the colts will need oline depth. Peart has good size and durability and we know how much Ballard loves seniors.

5. Harrison Bryant TE Flordia Atlantic

I like Bryant as a project TE to learn from Doyle and Mcdonald. Played well in 2019 with 1000 yards and 7 scores.

6. Aaron Parker WR Rhode Island

Small school prospect with great size and a big stat line in 2019

6. Christian Rector DE USC

Rector will fall in the draft hard after a horrible 2019 season, but prior years he showed a lot of talent with 12 sacks the past prior seasons.

7. John Houston Jr ILB USC

Provides us with some LBer depth

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

Another brave man

Herbert is a QB I would be happy with

but some questions

what about OT and 3-tech

And but why would the chargers trade that pick when desperately need a QB?

I like Jefferson

I re-signed Castonzo, haeg, and drafted a T. We don't need a 3 tech. We need a 1 tech. Autry and Stewart can get to the QB. We need a clogger like Brockers to help our run defense.

Browns did it for years skipping on Watson and Mahomes

30 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I re-signed Castonzo, haeg, and drafted a T. We don't need a 3 tech. We need a 1 tech. Autry and Stewart can get to the QB. We need a clogger like Brockers to help our run defense.

haha:lol:lmao:funny::jump:

By far the funniest thing I've heard in all my life. I laughed harder than Ha-Ha Clinton Dix.

Our run-D was one of the tops in the league, 7 out of 32 teams despite having the smallest front 7. Passing D and pass rush were avenues that needed to improve.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/team/_/view/defense/season/2019/seasontype/2/table/rushing/sort/rushingYardsPerGame/dir/asc

6 minutes ago, rock8591 said:

By far the funniest thing I've heard in all my life. I laughed harder than Ha-Ha Clinton Dix.

Our run-D was one of the tops in the league, 7 out of 32 teams despite having the smallest front 7. Passing D and pass rush were avenues that needed to improve.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/team/_/view/defense/season/2019/seasontype/2/table/rushing/sort/rushingYardsPerGame/dir/asc

Did you actually watch the game? Our line was pushed back with ease at times, but our secondary was suffering with injuries so teams passed more. Our run defense is a problem

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MikeCurtis said:

Another brave man

Herbert is a QB I would be happy with

but some questions

what about OT and 3-tech

And but why would the chargers trade that pick when desperately need a QB?

I like Jefferson

I think they are going to sign Brady to be their QB.  I just read today that Rivers has sold his home in San Diego and is moving his family to Florida.  I can really see Brady to the Chargers happening.  JMO.  

15 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I think they are going to sign Brady to be their QB.  I just read today that Rivers has sold his home in San Diego and is moving his family to Florida.  I can really see Brady to the Chargers happening.  JMO.  

Getting rid of a 38 year old for a 43 year old.?

I see LAC going with Herbert

If they want Brady to mentor fine, but Brady is not the answer to LAC hole

56 minutes ago, CR91 said:

In Ballards press conf he stressed the importance of getting a 3-tech and how it’s a key to this defense

we may agree to disagree 

I bet we get a 3-Tech with one of first 2 picks

Its THAT important

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

Its not an age thing at that point. Your not looking for a long term QB your looking for one to get you to a super bowl right now. So age doesn't matter. If they think Brady could get them to a super bowl with the roster they have now then yea its a no brainer.

4 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

On the surface it doesn't make sense but Brady is playing better and they are in a win now mode.  Opening a new stadium with the GOAT would create a lot of excitement.  I wouldn't be surprised if Rivers sees it coming.  

2 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

In Ballards press conf he stressed the importance of getting a 3-tech and how it’s a key to this defense

we may agree to disagree 

I bet we get a 3-Tech with one of first 2 picks

Its THAT important

I think he was more upset about Tyquan Lewis missing so much time and being inefficient

Just now, MikeCurtis said:

You may wish to go back to listen

Our needed 3 Tech is not on the roster

Autry had 9 sacks the previous year. 5 this year. Also Stewart emerged as a pass rushers. We have dlinemen that can rush. What we don't have is someone to keep olinemen off our LBers

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Autry had 9 sacks the previous year. 5 this year. Also Stewart emerged as a pass rushers. We have dlinemen that can rush. What we don't have is someone to keep olinemen off our LBers

A) Autry is barely above 270 and not an early down guy. The 3 Tech needs an upgrade over Autry for early downs.

B) Stewart is a 1T and played there all season. The Colts could use another guy there too.

• Thanks 1

Just now, BleedBlu8792 said:

A) Autry is barely above 270 and not an early down guy. The 3 Tech needs an upgrade over Autry for early downs.

B) Stewart is a 1T and played there all season. The Colts could use another guy there too.

And you can just move Stewart to the 3 with Brockers playing the one. Fixes our run defense and we can still rush the QB

• Like 1

Aur

5 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I really hate to keep arguing with you 

you are an intelligent poster, but I think you are mistaken on this point

Last year means nothing

He had 3.5 Sacks THIS year

MOST draft analysts that I have read say that 3-tech is a top need for this team

I would say most of the fans on this board would agree with that

From the press conference I’d say that CB agrees with that as well

Lewis is fighting for a backup role 

We need Kinlaw or another top 3 tech to get 10 sacks and many pressures

Just now, MikeCurtis said:

Aur

I really hate to keep arguing with you 

you are an intelligent poster, but I think you are mistaken on this point

Last year means nothing

He had 3.5 Sacks THIS year

MOST draft analysts that I have read say that 3-tech is a top need for this team

I would say most of the fans on this board would agree with that

From the press conference I’d say that CB agrees with that as well

Lewis is fighting for a backup role 

We need Kinlaw or another top 3 tech to get 10 sacks and many pressures

I appreciate that.

Not saying we don't need an upgrade. I just think our run defense is a bigger problem. 

4 minutes ago, CR91 said:

And you can just move Stewart to the 3 with Brockers playing the one. Fixes our run defense and we can still rush the QB

Stewart has THREE total sacks.   How does he fix the pass  rush problem?

Two 1 techs will equate to less sacks

3 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

Stewart has THREE total sacks.   How does he fix the problem?

That's for early downs to stop the run. Autry would still be our main 3 tech on pass downs. Stewart has improved dramatically so he can stay in on run downs with Brockers then move back to the one.

10 minutes ago, CR91 said:

That's for early downs to stop the run. Autry would still be our main 3 tech on pass downs. Stewart has improved dramatically so he can stay in on run downs with Brockers then move back to the one.

As a side note

We finished 7th against the run and 30th against the pass per NFL.com

Pass rush would seem to be a MUCH bigger problem than run defense

i would agree that Stewart has improved

12 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

As a side note

We finished 7th against the run and 30th against the pass per NFL.com

Pass rush would seem to be a MUCH bigger problem than run defense

i would agree that Stewart has improved

Misleading. We had a ton of injuries in the secondary. Moore missed games as did Desir and hooker. Teams opt to throw, but we did have issues stopping the run when teams did run.

2 hours ago, rock8591 said:

Misleading stat bout our run D. Teams just passed so effortlessly against the pass D, they didn't have run all that much

9 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

It doesn't work like that. And that would be about as ridiculous as them trying to make Tyquan a DT.

How so? The Rams did it with Suh and Brockers. Bucs did it with Suh and Vea. Two of the better run D's in prior seasons

9 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Because Suh is a better athlete than Stewart. They aren't even in the same league.. come on man

Im not saying their the same player. I'm saying his big body next to Brockers can help our run defense then pass downs he'll move back to the one and bring in Autry

2 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I not saying their the same player. I'm saying his big body next to Brockers can help our run defense then pass downs he'll move back to the one and bring in Autry

Ideally you don't want Stewart, nor Brockers, on the field on 3rd down. A guy like Kinlaw, 3T, fits better because he can play the run and rush the passer through all 3 downs. Stewart and Autry split the early and late downs with him. Getting another 1T doesn't do much to help the pass rush on the 3rd and obvious passing plays. That's why people, and myself, have said another 3T is way more important than another 1T guy like Brockers, and especially paying that much money for him.

5 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Ideally you don't want Stewart, nor Brockers, on the field on 3rd down. A guy like Kinlaw, 3T, fits better because he can play the run and rush the passer through all 3 downs. Stewart and Autry split the early and late downs with him. Getting another 1T doesn't do much to help the pass rush on the 3rd and obvious passing plays. That's why people, and myself, have said another 3T is way more important than another 1T guy like Brockers, and especially paying that much money for him.

Did I say anything about them being on the field on third down? That's why you put your pass rushers on third down which Stewart showed this year he can do, but you need to control the LOS first which we didn't do all year hence why we need Brockers

14 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Did I say anything about them being on the field on third down? That's why you put your pass rushers on third down which Stewart showed this year he can do, but you need to control the LOS first which we didn't do all year hence why we need Brockers

And I didn't either, however YOU keep insinuating Stewart is a passing rushing DT and he's not. He's not even an average one. *hint* That's why came off the field on 3rd downs... AGAIN, that's why getting another, better, 3T is more important.. 

The run defense suffered because Autry is out there early when he shouldn't be, our currently starting 3T

3 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

And I didn't either, however YOU keep insinuating Stewart is a passing rushing DT and he's not. He's not even an average one. *hint* That's why came off the field on 3rd downs... AGAIN, that's why getting another, better, 3T is more important.. 

The run defense suffered because Autry is out there early when he shouldn't be, our currently starting 3T

Did you watch Stewart? I'm not just talking sacks. Look at his pressures and hurries. He's getting better.

14 minutes ago, FalseStart said:

Not a fan of the draft. Waste of our 13th and 34th picks. 

need two blue chip prospects in those positions. Not a Backup QB and a receiver or the like...we could probably get at 44 or 3rd round. 

You realize 1st round QBs don't stay backups for long right and there is no way Jefferson falls to the third round. 

3 hours ago, CR91 said:

Did you watch the chargers game? the Titans game? The last game vs the jags? 

Saw all 3 from beginning to end, our run D was more than good. Teams were never a threat to run the ball on us.

You might see 1 run in each game that was 10+ yards, most of the time, teams had trouble running on us when they did. Vast majority of all runs that I saw in the games were for 2-3 yards or less.

3 minutes ago, CR91 said:

So running for 200 yards on us on opening day is good?

Again false.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=401127972

125 yards. If you watched the game, you'll see most of those yards were outside the tackles, by scat backs.

The ONLY game where we struggled vs the run was the Raiders one, and that was when Hunt was starting, not Stewart.

Why on earth would Ballard spend another 10 mil on Funchess when he got nothing out of him this past season? Injury or not that would be just stupid. 

And instead of paying Hilton that much over 4 years, Ballard would be wise to keep in mind his age. 

And Indy has to find impact players at DT and possibly OT.