Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

twfish's first 2020 mock

All picks are estimated and don't take into account comp picks. This is an early get my feet wet mock and plan on getting more time looking at prospects as time goes on. In this mock I will be trading with the 23rd through 25th pick depending on order, our #45 and #77 (our true 2nd round and third round pick) valued at 979 for a pick with value as high as 975.

#13 Javon Kinlaw DT Southern Carolina.

We finally get the dominate DT we have needed since Booger left the team. The guy is explosive and can rush from the interior and fits the mold CB wants.

#23 From a trade with lets say the Bills, Jordan Love QB Utah State

You all know enough about this guy now that I don't need to go into great detail. I don't believe he is worth #13 but the next team i see taking him after 13 is the Patriots so hes not really an option at 34. He has the least to develop over all other QB's after Herbert, Burrow and Tua. He will not be the starter in 2020 unless of an injury.

#34  Leviska Shenault WR Colorado

A good height weight speed guy who I believe can succeed at the next level. His production dropped some this year and had some injuries. This may change as my WR pick because it is very likely Ruggs or Higgens may drop here if last years draft is any indication and i would rather have either of those guys instead.

#109  Jack Driscoll OT Auburn

I am basing this off we keep Costanzo this year and either build Jack up to eventually replace him or kick smith back in at guard and have his old teammate play next to him at RT

#141 Thomas Graham CB Oregon

Could use depth at slot CB

#171 (From the Jets) Collin Johnson WR Texas

I think he is going to have a bad 40 and 3 cone and its going to drop him pretty far in the drat with how loaded this class is at WR but should be an excellent candidate for a converted TE. There is absolutely no guarantee he will be here but this far down into the draft is a crap shoot

#205 Ricky Deberry OLB Towson

Good size and weight .

10 minutes ago, Thunderbolt said:

Where's the RB on your mock?

I highly doubt i take a RB in any of my mocks. Between Mack, Hines, Wilkins and Williams plus a UDFA or FA we will be fine and other positions should be addressed.

• Like 3

I LIKE it

Fills some major holes and is reasonable

IF.... IF Love is our guy, and he tests well, this would be great

Love COULD light it up at Combine and some QB team in front of us, OR someone behind us, move up to take him

What are you giving up to get the pick for Love

14 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Lost me when I saw pick #34. 

Meaning trading and getting back into the first round, that pick #34 will be involved 100% of the time. 

If we are trading our #34 then we are moving into the early teens. An early teens 2nd and early teens 3rd are enough to move into the mid 20's. Maybe throw in a 6th or 7th to help. We received #49 and a future 2nd round pick for #26.

Colts had the 26th pick last year and acquired Two Redskins 2nd RD picks for it. Pick 34 (Wash) went to the Colts in 2019. 

I got it everyone wants the world in their Mocks, and get everything on the cheap. It don’t work that way. 

Like I said, keeping pick 34 don’t add up in your mock. 

• Like 1

I would love this as long as Jordan Love is actually worth it. It's early but I'm not liking the QBs who will be available to us at 13, not for that pick that is. I am also leaning towards a DT at 13 but there are other great options to improve this team at that pick.