Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts 2020 FA’s

We have no choice to resign AC. There is nobody to take that spot. He has had a career year this year. Hasnt had one penalty and I don’t believe he has given up a sack.

I would like for pascal to get a 2 to 3 year contract. I really like Johnson. He is good at 50\50 balls and tracking the ball. He has saved Jacoby a couple times. Reich was asked about Johnson on the roundtable tonight. He sure sounded like he is going to be in the colts future. When asked about Inman he was noncommittal. 

I think we need to bring Sheard back because we really have nobody to take that spot. That might change if we get someone in FA.

• Like 2

I will never understand the hate or whatever for AC. Dude is a pretty darn good LT. finally has something worth while at Guard next to him and that is our best side for sure. Both are studs. You resign him for sure. A lot of other guys will get 1 year deals or walk and I’m fine with that. 

Sheard I would resign only for a team favored contract. You could likely find a younger version of him for a few dollars more tho. 

Pascal you should resign. Reward guys when they deserve it. Other than that I’m fine with replacements.  

• Like 3

I think you are definitely bringing back 

Pascal 

Fountain
Johnson

Most likely 

AC

Mclaughlin

Eldrenkamp

MAC

probably
J. Williams

Andrews

Haeg

maybe

Sheard

Travis

Funchess

Coley

Milligan

Geathers

outside of the first 4 guys, and only AC is an UFA that is gonna cost you premium cash, I can’t see any reason the team wouldn’t Re-sign AC. We have cash and cap and not one player to hold that spot. The only way we don’t sign him is if he wants a 5 yr deal and wants a top 3 pay perhaps. Outside of that, he has really performed at a high level and I’m not sure we have a better option available to us. Maybe if we had 2 #1’s this draft you could argue take the QB and the LT but you could also still say pay AC and get QB and DL. 

so if the article is accurate and those guys are. ERFA or RFA, not one chance the wr’s don’t get signed. 

• Like 1

I don’t know if it means much. Funchess is still in town getting therapy on his shoulder and hanging out in the locker room. I would of thought he would just have went home and finished any therapy. Is there rules he has to do that in Indy since technically he is still under contract?  Maybe they will be bringing him back. 

Letting some of these guys walk can factor into us getting a compensation pick next draft.  I'd keep AC despite this, (extend him before he becomes a FA) but would see what the market would bear for almost everyone else.  Guys like Johnson and Pascal won't get much on the market, so I'd sign them anyway.

3 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

AC is priority one  the other's not so much.

Absolutely... but at least you know what you have with the other guy’s I mentioned, and if you draft or supplement those positions in FA at least they would provide good depth and competition. Just my HO.

4 hours ago, Vexed said:

Absolutely... but at least you know what you have with the other guy’s I mentioned, and if you draft or supplement those positions in FA at least they would provide good depth and competition. Just my HO.

Ya i agree with that its time we spend some of that money get some proven talent in here doing it the normal Ballard way just isnt working.