Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
buffalo34

Do you think the Week 1 Bills/Jets game shaped the season for both teams?

I know it was only the first week of the season, but both teams went in different directions after that game. The Jets came into the season with sky high expectations, the Bills not so much. The Jets had a 16-0 lead at home in the second half, with a +3 or +4 turnover differential and were for the most part dominating the Bills. The Jets blew that lead in the 4th quarter, and since that game, the teams have had wildly different seasons. The Bills are in a decent position to make the playoffs (yes, that's my pessimism still showing), and the Jets have lost to a winless Bengals team and lost to a then-winless Dolphins team earlier in the season.

1 hour ago, buffalo34 said:

I know it was only the first week of the season, but both teams went in different directions after that game. The Jets came into the season with sky high expectations, the Bills not so much. The Jets had a 16-0 lead at home in the second half, with a +3 or +4 turnover differential and were for the most part dominating the Bills. The Jets blew that lead in the 4th quarter, and since that game, the teams have had wildly different seasons. The Bills are in a decent position to make the playoffs (yes, that's my pessimism still showing), and the Jets have lost to a winless Bengals team and lost to a then-winless Dolphins team earlier in the season.

Could be...I think the real problem is if that is all it takes to side line a season you have the wrong coach...and wrong leaders on your team. That said...Jets have the wrong coach and with guys like Bell I can’t say the best leaders. Darnold is just too young...didn’t help he missed like 4 weeks and by then everyone packed it in. I like your Bills. Depending on the matchup I think they might even win a playoff game. I like the direction they are headed.

bell has been a good team mate on the jets.  too bad he chose the money instead of going to a good team, yes i wanted him here

No one cares, it is the Bills and Jets. Even if they have New England on the ropes, some voodoo stuff will happen and New England will turn it around and win, remember? Bills could be on the verge of the playoffs and are leading New England in Foxboro, and Brady turns it around in 1 drive, you know that is what will happen, and the Bills' playoff hopes will come crashing down just like that.

Back at you with a taste of your own medicine with the "Debbie Downer" stuff. :thmup:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this