Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Browns joint practice 8/15

7 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

If memory serves me right,  I believe the Browns went 7-8-1 last year.   

Mayfield should be even better, and he was very good as a rookie.    They added talent in FA and the draft.   Does OBJ ring a bell?

I think this team has a double-digit win roster.

What I don't know if it has,  is a double-digit win head coach.    So far this off-season,  I haven't been all that impressed.....    Hope for Browns' fans sake that Dorsey didn't blow the HC search.....

Just sayin.....

i know kitchens is unproven.  what has he done this off season that has people thinking he is going to fail?  the X's and O's they have a pretty innovative staff i am not worried about that much.

as far as the culture they are building. all he does is stress having the most physical team on the field. with a focus on winning and having a selfless team. It even seems OBJ has bought in noting how he loves clearing out going deep and having 2 guys cover him while landry and Njoku work underneath.

i cant even really think of anything to nitpick the coach on so far.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, brownsfan4life said:

i know kitchens is unproven.  what has he done this off season that has people thinking he is going to fail?  the X's and O's they have a pretty innovative staff i am not worried about that much.

as far as the culture they are building. all he does is stress having the most physical team on the field. with a focus on winning and having a selfless team. It even seems OBJ has bought in noting how he loves clearing out going deep and having 2 guys cover him while landry and Njoku work underneath.

Kitchens went 5-3 when he took over as OC after 2 wins the first 8 games. I'd be confident with the O, but he's got a lot to prove at the HC level. Plenty to be optimistic about. He's got the talent. Tough division though. 

Is OBJ going to play this afternoon?

• Like 1

On 8/16/2019 at 8:41 AM, bertjones7 said:

Any more details regarding the extent of Fountain’s injury and recovery time. I saw that it is a dislocated ankle and fracture but haven’t seen more details. 

A couple of years ago Ronald Darby had a nasty looking dislocated ankle in week 1 and was back on the field in early November.   

https://mobile.twitter.com/reece_jmm/status/1162544040665108482?s=21

10 hours ago, brownsfan4life said:

Wasn't there an uncomfortable firing of an assistant coach?

Wasn't there some questioning the handling of players and the comments they make and the things they do?

And he's a first time head coach.    Never been a head coach before.    He inherits a very good roster, which means if he doesn't win, and pretty much right away,   right or wrong, the finger will be pointed at him.    Fans will say we have the talent on the field,  but what about the coaching?

Look,  I'm not predicting bad things for the Browns.   I think you win the AFC North.   I'm just saying for me,  the coaching is the big question mark.      That's all.     Maybe the guy proves the doubters wrong.

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Wasn't there an uncomfortable firing of an assistant coach?

Wasn't there some questioning the handling of players and the comments they make and the things they do?

And he's a first time head coach.    Never been a head coach before.    He inherits a very good roster, which means if he doesn't win, and pretty much right away,   right or wrong, the finger will be pointed at him.    Fans will say we have the talent on the field,  but what about the coaching?

Look,  I'm not predicting bad things for the Browns.   I think you win the AFC North.   I'm just saying for me,  the coaching is the big question mark.      That's all.     Maybe the guy proves the doubters wrong.

No and no.  I only go by what he has done since being head coach. 

Yes he is a first time head coach so was reich, mcvay, Peterson. That is not a reason for failure. Not all good coaches are 2nd and 3rd time retreads.

1 hour ago, brownsfan4life said:

No and no.  I only go by what he has done since being head coach. 

Yes he is a first time head coach so was reich, mcvay, Peterson. That is not a reason for failure. Not all good coaches are 2nd and 3rd time retreads.

Sorry...

Here's the coach story....   

https://www.brownszone.com/2019/08/05/video-coach-freddie-kitchens-reacts-to-comments-by-former-ol-coach-bob-wylie/

As to the comments story....   this off-season, Mayfield went off on teammates and had to be pulled aside by veterans to dial it down a bit.    Maybe Kitchens handled it well....   maybe not...   but it got on the radar of people pretty quick.

As to comparing resume's.....    Kitchen's NFL career resume simply does not compare to the three HC's you mentioned.    They were far more well known than Kitchens was.     Again,  I'm not predicting a failure for the guy.    I'm only stating he's very much an unknown quatity.    If problems surface he will be on the hot seat.

8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Sorry...

Here's the coach story....   

https://www.brownszone.com/2019/08/05/video-coach-freddie-kitchens-reacts-to-comments-by-former-ol-coach-bob-wylie/

As to the comments story....   this off-season, Mayfield went off on teammates and had to be pulled aside by veterans to dial it down a bit.    Maybe Kitchens handled it well....   maybe not...   but it got on the radar of people pretty quick.

As to comparing resume's.....    Kitchen's NFL career resume simply does not compare to the three HC's you mentioned.    They were far more well known than Kitchens was.     Again,  I'm not predicting a failure for the guy.    I'm only stating he's very much an unknown quatity.    If problems surface he will be on the hot seat.

yea unfortunately the browns are what everyone is talking about so there are tons of nonsense stores and clickbate on them because they get attention.  

so their oline coach wasnt retained because kitchens wanted his own coaches not hue jackson holdovers. Not to mention he replaced him with a top 3 Oline coach in the NFL. Bob was scorned and said some nonsense  i crap about the QB coach being the reason for the offensive turnaround. i dont fault kitchens for sticking up for himself.

so what would reich have said if his Oline coach that he fired said he was the reason the colts made the playoffs last year because of the improved oline play and was unjustly fired?

would reich stick up for himself?  i hope he would.

as far as baker yelling at OBJ and landry they are on record saying they deserved it because they weren't doing what they were supposed to.

i get it everyone wants to make any story about the browns right now good, bad , justified , unjustified.