Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

EJ Speed

ProblChld32

23 minutes ago, krunk said:

I don't know. I could actually see Speed taking over the SAM from Matthew Adams. I hate saying that considering how much I like Matthew.  Matthew started there and he was a lower draft pick than Speed last year.  It's not that hard for me to see Speed take over the Sam at a minimum. Especially if they want a Jamie Collins like guy at that spot.  I could see Speed doing the Jamie Collins thing in similar fashion like they had originally planned for Banogu.

I'd love to see Leonard and Walker in our base sets (2 LBs), with Speed and Okereke as back ups.

When we go 3 LBs, I agree, I'd rather see Speed or Okereke there at SAM. Adams and Franklin are both only 6-0, and are simply limited. IMO we only need to keep 5 LBs this year. The only reason we might keep 6 this year is because LBs are used on STs.

23 minutes ago, stitches said:

It's shocking how much our LB core has changed in just 2 years. Big props to Ballard. I love what he's done with that unit. Speed, size, length! No plodders. 

From poor to mediocre starters and no depth, to what looks to be potential fantastic 2 deep.

It's too early to say on Okereke and Speed, but things look good thus far.

Speed could Ballards 2nd small school genius pick 2 years in a row. I'm less sold on Okereke, but warming up to him. Wasn't really impressed with him at Stanford, but he wasn't the greatest fit IMO for their 3-4. Going to a 4-3 is probably good for him. Actually we're really a 4-2, so might be even better. I still like Walker better at MLB, and still think Okereke is probably better suited for SAM, but I'm just happy if he's solid and works out anywhere in the 2 deep.