Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Move Peyton Posts?

neverstop1863

I may have misread you. Your saying of moving the posts would benefit a select group of people (paraphrasing), sounded snarky towards those who would, lets say...be in the minority? So for clarification, I was curious to your views on the set up of different forums that is already in place. I feel like it already serves minorities to some extent, save maybe this forum. Since you declined to answer the questions, as it was not your call, then I thought it good that you declined to answer. No hate intended.

My comment was snarky towards the small group that seem to be offended by Peyton Manning posts being on a Colts message board. Some need to keep in mind that the Bob Irsay brought the Colts to Indianapolis, Peyton Manning is the one that prevented them from leaving.

I think for the most part the forum is set up in a good way. If I were the one making the calls, I might make a change or three. I would consider a Quarterback forum at this point for both Luck & Manning, but all that would do is cause more work for the mods, because the common poster is going to post it wherever he wants. Just like if there were breaking news on another team/non Colts player. Someone would post it in the NFL section while someone else would post it in the Colts and the mods would have to combine the threads.. So with that said I think they are better off leaving things the way they are.

By the way, I don't care. I'm just saying the volume is enough to warrant it's own forum.

On the plus side think of all the traffic you could get here when he picks his new team. Half of Broncos Nation might join here!!!

I'm still of the opinion that the option bonus couldn't be altered since it was due in 2011, and part of it was accounted for in the 2011 salary cap.

You don't know, and I don't know... so how am I misinformed?

All I go on is the fact that Chap and Krav have stated that Manning could have "done something" if he wanted.

My comment was snarky towards the small group that seem to be offended by Peyton Manning posts being on a Colts message board. Some need to keep in mind that the Bob Irsay brought the Colts to Indianapolis, Peyton Manning is the one that prevented them from leaving.

I think for the most part the forum is set up in a good way. If I were the one making the calls, I might make a change or three. I would consider a Quarterback forum at this point for both Luck & Manning, but all that would do is cause more work for the mods, because the common poster is going to post it wherever he wants. Just like if there were breaking news on another team/non Colts player. Someone would post it in the NFL section while someone else would post it in the Colts and the mods would have to combine the threads.. So with that said I think they are better off leaving things the way they are.

Actually, it was the selection of Bill Polian........who selected Peyton, and the house clearing that Jim did prior to Polian's selection that was the impetus for change. But we discuss off our original exchange.

The one change that I have always wanted in any forum is a venting room. The idea would be to allow posters who want to complain about the same subject, over and over and use each thread, no matter the original question as an opportunity to vent, to have a place to go where they can let it all out, day and night, until they fall over, panting from the exhaustion, vilified in their purveyance of frustration.

On the plus side think of all the traffic you could get here when he picks his new team. Half of Broncos Nation might join here!!!

Yes, that's just what this forum needs. A Bronco fan infestation. That will go so nicely with the wailing and gnashing of teeth that's been going on since wednesday

/wrists

You don't know, and I don't know... so how am I misinformed?

All I go on is the fact that Chap and Krav have stated that Manning could have "done something" if he wanted.

I have my opinion, you have yours. I wasn't talking about you in general being misinformed. Posters in general. Some are very well informed. Some if they find a clue, it will be their first one. I was saying you were misinformed.

The one change that I have always wanted in any forum is a venting room. The idea would be to allow posters who want to complain about the same subject, over and over and use each thread, no matter the original question as an opportunity to vent, to have a place to go where they can let it all out, day and night, until they fall over, panting from the exhaustion, vilified in their purveyance of frustration.

I'd take off the training wheels in some cases, move the line of what is acceptable to fall in line with network TV. At times I try to laugh a negative situation and will use a youtube clip to do so. I've had to hold that thought of times because it violates 3rd grade policies.

A venting room would serve a purpose... But then not many people could vent within the current guidelines.

If it truly annoys any of you, you can simply ignore the threads. If you are unable to ignore the threads then you might want to start looking for a way to. If you can't do any of those options then do what everyone else does. Play solitaire.

The only problem with that is that even threads that are started with no mention of Peyton or anything at all to do with him some overly irrational Peyton poster will come in with, "Irsay's a liar" or "Manning should have still been here" and all heck breaks loose and the thread gets completely derailed.

If it truly annoys any of you, you can simply ignore the threads. If you are unable to ignore the threads then you might want to start looking for a way to. If you can't do any of those options then do what everyone else does. Play solitaire.

If the Luck Booster Club ignores Manning Posts, how will they know if they need to rush in and defend him. C'mon

Just for clarification, I would not have any problem with Manning posts into the forever. It has unfortunately become an anger fest. We're not just talking posters who are regulars....we are seeing many people join just for the opportunity to vent about Peyton. That is why I agreed.

If the Luck Booster Club ignores Manning Posts, how will they know if they need to rush in and defend him. C'mon

By psychic connection. Do I need to think of everything?

The only problem with that is that even threads that are started with no mention of Peyton or anything at all to do with him some overly irrational Peyton poster will come in with, "Irsay's a liar" or "Manning should have still been here" and all heck breaks loose and the thread gets completely derailed.

Then leave the thread and go play solitaire.

I get a four leaf clover batsignal thing that goes off when one of you cretins speaks ill of Andrew.

Just for clarification, I would not have any problem with Manning posts into the forever. It has unfortunately become an anger fest. We're not just talking posters who are regulars....we are seeing many people join just for the opportunity to vent about Peyton. That is why I agreed.

Yeah the 90 day Luck fans aren't helping matters, and the Pro-Manning posters signing up just to vent their displeasure aren't helping matters either. Sorta like the teenager that wants to get drunk. He/she will mix beer/vodka/rum, all together just to do do it..

This place is a volcano..... slowly bubbling.

Yeah the 90 day Luck fans aren't helping matters, and the Pro-Manning posters signing up just to vent their displeasure aren't helping matters either. Sorta like the teenager that wants to get drunk. He/she will mix beer/vodka/rum, all together just to do do it..

which is why it should be split

Orange juice + Peppermint schnaps = NOT winning. Unless you like a beverage to taste like drinking orange juice after you just brushed your teeth.

Couldn't have said it any better myself.

Please, everyone. Try to relax and breathe.

Many are ready to move on and are excited to see what the future will bring for the Colts. You want to put the past in the past.

Many are grieving because for them Peyton was the Colts. They may even feel as if a loved one has passed away and need to reach out to others who share that pain.

Neither viewpoint is wrong. But, it is hard and sometimes impossible for one side to understand those on the other side.

Threads about Peyton that discuss his future with another team will be moved to NFL General. At least for now, threads that are just about Peyton will remain in the Colt's Forum. Only time will dictate when those threads should also be in NFL General.

For a while, the moderators tried to move all Andrew Luck threads to the draft forum. That was a nightmare. Although there is not a 100% guarantee that he will be a Colt, threads about him will also be left in this forum unless they seem to be more fitting for the NFL General or Draft forums.

Also, please understand that it is sometimes really difficult to ascertain where a thread belongs. For example, if someone posted a thread with the title: Do you think Andrew Luck will ever be as good as Peyton Manning?

Where would that belong? In the draft forum because Andrew Luck isn't a Colt?

In the NFL forum because neither one is a Colt?

Or, in the Colt's forum because one was a Colt and the other may well be a Colt?