Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dee Ford Rapoport Speculation

19 hours ago, CR91 said:

How did seymour do when he went to the raiders? Is collins still recongized as the best player on defense since hes been with the browns? How about Brandon Spikes? Randy Moss? I can keep going

Randy Moss?  Are you serious? You have to be kidding me. That is ridiculous to even bring his name up. He was 33 or 34 years old when he left the Patriots.

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

Randy Moss?  Are you serious? You have to be kidding me. That is ridiculous to even bring his name up. He was 33 or 34 years old when he left the Patriots.

Randy Moss was done before he got to NE and he was done after he left NE

3 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Randy Moss was done before he got to New England?  Well evidently he wasn't was he? That is plain silly to even make a comment like that. You are so bent on praising the Patriots you are stepping on your toes.

2 minutes ago, CR91 said:

He did nothing in Oakland

So what? He still had the talent so what are you even talking about?

Randy Moss was done before he got to New England?  Well evidently he wasn't was he? That is plain silly to even make a comment like that. You are so bent on praising the Patriots you are stepping on your toes.

So what? He still had the talent so what are you even talking about?

Is that why the pats got him for a 4th round pick? Because he was a HOF wr in his prime? He got to NE, excelled, and then when he went to the vikings, titans, and 49ers, he did nothing again.

2 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Is that why the pats got him for a 4th round pick? Because he was a HOF wr in his prime? He got to NE, excelled, and then when he went to the vikings, titans, and 49ers, he did nothing again.

Now all you are doing is being argumentative.

I have no use or time to play your childish games.

Don't bother to response because I am done with you.

Now all you are doing is being argumentative.

I have no use or time to play your childish games.

Don't bother to response because I am done with you.

You being proven wrong is argumentative? 

20 hours ago, CR91 said:

How did seymour do when he went to the raiders? Is collins still recongized as the best player on defense since hes been with the browns? How about Brandon Spikes? Randy Moss? I can keep going

yes, he's made some good moves and some bad moves. But BB as a genius personnel man is a myth.

3 minutes ago, BOTT said:

yes, he's made some good moves and some bad moves. But BB as a genius personnel man is a myth.

Im not arguing that. All im saying is its buyer's remorse when it comes to dealing with ex-patriot players most of the time

43 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Seriously?  Moss was phenom in Minnesota.....started whining  and got trade to the raiders where he quit.  BB genius was swindling an old senile al Davis.

Just now, CR91 said:

Im not arguing that. All im saying is its buyer's remorse when it comes to dealing with ex-patriot players most of the time

That's because he usually gets rid of them on the downside of their career and people are dumb enough to pay them a lot of money.

On 3/5/2019 at 12:02 PM, coltsblue1844 said:

He played DE in a 4-3 in college and did a fantastic job, for anyone that wasn't aware of this.  The "scheme fit" is just the reason KC is floating for wanting a draft pick for him

A 2nd for a sure thing, vs using that 2nd on a player that may or may not end up as even a starter on the team... he is young enough that i'd do it and not think twice

the problem with this would be he is only signed for one year on a big contract, while that pick could be a good player on a 4 year contract that is less than what ford will get in one.  i dont worry that much about what guys make, but he would probably leave after a year

maybe if we were all in on a super bowl this year, but i think its a little soon for a move like that

Just now, BOTT said:

Seriously?  Moss was phenom in Minnesota.....started whining  and got trade to the raiders where he quit.  BB genius was swindling an old senile al Davis.

No one thought that moss had anything left. People were saying Patriots were just swinging for the fence because Brady had no wrs. He was throwing to Rashad Caldwell

Just now, BOTT said:

That's because he usually gets rid of them on the downside of their career and people are dumb enough to pay them a lot of money.

And I agree with that.

On 3/5/2019 at 4:04 PM, DougDew said:

I think his best statistical season may have been a product of circumstances.  KCs offense made opponents throw a lot.  And then there is Chris Jones, who is KCs best dlineman, that demanded attention.

I think of Ford as a little guy with little bend or stoutness, and gets sacks by running really fast a long ways around the OT, instead of having a lot of skill.  

Indeed...playing with a lead means more attempts at rushing. More interested in hurries/sacks per then total.

16 hours ago, aaron11 said:

the problem with this would be he is only signed for one year on a big contract, while that pick could be a good player on a 4 year contract that is less than what ford will get in one.  i dont worry that much about what guys make, but he would probably leave after a year

maybe if we were all in on a super bowl this year, but i think its a little soon for a move like that

i dont think Ballard would make the trade unless we could work out a longer deal with the player, in which case, i'd still be happy with it