Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

[SI] Matt Eberflus: The top defensive head coach candidate

stitches

47 minutes ago, dw49 said:

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports Browns OC Freddie Kitchens and Vikings OC Kevin Stefanski are the two finalists for the Browns' head-coaching job.

That is Rapsheet's "understanding." Both coordinators are apparently meeting with the team on Tuesday. It stands to reason Kitchens is the favorite after the Browns got to watch him turn around the team's offense "in person," so to speak.

I see this as a horrible mistake by the Browns.   They have the best HC position available in the NFL and they are going to settle for a guy who has been a coordinator for 8 games?

It's looking better that we retain Eberflus.   Gotta love that. 

14 minutes ago, Myles said:

I see this as a horrible mistake by the Browns.   They have the best HC position available in the NFL and they are going to settle for a guy who has been a coordinator for 8 games?

Pretty slim pickings out there. Mayfield is obviously comfortable Kitchens. And they probably don't want to lose Kitchens after what he did with Mayfield and completely turned around bad offense into a great one almost instantly.

Other candidates either lack experience too, where failures in their previous stops or it's really hard to tell how good they really are (like Carmichael, Saints OC). And McCarthy but he hasn't been innovative for a decade. Interesting that Dorsey isn't interested in him apparently, as they both worked together in GB for many years.

1 hour ago, Myles said:

I don't believe he's scheduled to meet with any other teams and jobs are filling quickly. So , yes .. it looks doubtful he gets a HC position.

• Like 1