Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Where will our cap space go this offseason?!

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 11:03 AM, BProland85 said:

Dee Ford to me is a bit undersized to play DE in this defense. But I wouldn't mind Clark or Flowers as long as they don't break the bank. 

Lawrence probably won't be available. 

Collins would look nice next to Malik Hooker also, unless Geathers can prove to stay healthy and play well. 

This defense isn't much different from the 4-3 that was played in the golden years of Freeny and Mathis I also add Freeny was only 6 foot 1 and he had a ton of success in this defense.

On 1/7/2019 at 1:13 AM, Colts1324 said:

If players such as:

Landon Collins

Dee Ford

D. Lawrence

Frank Clark

J. Clowney

Grady Jarrett 

Trey Flowers

all get franchises tagged, where is all our cap space going to go?? 

The other top free agents available are all at the free safety position or are players that are not the greatest scheme fits. 

We aren’t going to spend much on offense other than resigning Mark G., and signing a WR in FA.  $60-$80 million just towards our defense?? 

Anybody know how much cap space we need to spend by the end of the offseason? 

I notice you don't bother to cost out OUR own free agents and extension eligible players. Probably best you don't considering.
As you must know, we don't have to spend a penny of our cap space other than to pay for 51 on our final roster and draft class considerations.

On 1/7/2019 at 11:03 AM, BProland85 said:

Dee Ford to me is a bit undersized to play DE in this defense. But I wouldn't mind Clark or Flowers as long as they don't break the bank. 

Lawrence probably won't be available. 

Collins would look nice next to Malik Hooker also, unless Geathers can prove to stay healthy and play well. 

Colts have plenty of money and it would be well spent on Clark of Flowers. I wouldn't hold my breath on either being available though.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, aaron11 said:

it doesnt make sense to go into 2020 while having to spend that much money in one off season.  what if its not a very good class of free agents?  

we might as well get started now, and even look at a big signing or two.  they have the money to go after anyone they want 

Aaron could you please post a link to the top 25 2019 & 2020 FA prospects and any you  and our GM might see as fits for our system and locker room? And potential costs.

And your estimated cost of our FA for this off season and next?

Ballard says he is big on signing our own as you well know.
 Many here would be interested on your thoughts and projections.

We tried this before.  Five years ago.  We had a bunch of young kinds who were really good.  And they were "Colts".  And then we brought in a whole bunch of high priced free agents.  And it changed that sense of being "Colts".  I don't want to do that anymore.  I don't want to bring in "difference makers" and pay top dollar for them.  I'm ok with filling a gap with a guy who fits in.  (read here, Autry, Hunt, Ebron)  You wanna be a "Colt"?  And not a "top dollar free agent working for yourself"?  Sure, we're glad to have ya.

Call me crazy.  And you are free to flame me big time.  But you know what I would do with a chunk of our wealth?  I would sit down with Nelson and Leonard, and tell them, "You guys are among the best in the league.  Right now.  And we're not going to force you to work for a crappy rookie contract.  You're going to get paid like you're among the best in the league.  Right now."

I want to invest in us.  We're Colts.  Not a bunch of high priced free agents.

You may begin the flames.

1 hour ago, throwing BBZ said:

Aaron could you please post a link to the top 25 2019 & 2020 FA prospects and any you  and our GM might see as fits for our system and locker room? And potential costs.

And your estimated cost of our FA for this off season and next?

Ballard says he is big on signing our own as you well know.
 Many here would be interested on your thoughts and projections.

i dont think you understand the 89% salary cap rule.  you can google that, and the list of free agents yourself