Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Siriani time?

Mr.NotSoCreative

We all knew that this season was going to be one of questions and wonder. New systems, players and coaches. Im also pretty sure that none of us never would have guessed that our defense would be our strength or to at least be on the track they are on this early in the season. Is it because Eberflaus has full control of his guys along with playcalling? I actually like Reichs scheme. The playcalling, especially in the red zone, is suspect imo. Maybe the arm strength of AL doesnt allow for downfield attempts to stretch the field. The scheme is there, maybe its time to give Siriani a chance to run the offense and Reich can just be a head coach. Especially since this is a year of trying to find out who we are and what we have, players and coaches alike. One thing I do know, we are pretty dang good and should be winning. The offense is sputtering a bit, and could use something. I dont know, just hate seeing us lose when we shouldnt have due in part to poor offensive playcalling. Also imo.

No, we just need a few tweaks.  We need to get more aggressive in spots and have better red zone play calling.  

Also, the red zone, inside the 10, is the one area I would encourage Luck to run more.  Going back to his rookie year, it's been successful.  I would even do a few Luck designed red zone runs.  At 3rd down on the 3, I was hoping for a naked bootleg like we saw in San Fran a few years ago.  Manning used to do it on his own, not telling the back or anyone.

• Thanks 1

We're a young team, coaches included. We'll have stumbles along the way and some gameplans just won't work out. The biggest thing we need to look at is how our staff reacts moving forward and if they can learn and improve as they go. As nice as it would be, we're not Super Bowl contenders this season. Our goals should be to develop the players we have and improve as a coaching staff. We want to set ourselves up for a dominant season next year, while winning as many games as possible along the way. It sucks to lose, but it's going to take patience for us this season and just look for the positives in the losses to build on moving forward.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, GusFring said:

That 4th and 3 call was dumb. That formation was dumb. Apparently the fade to TY was a RPO, but that was dumb too. Run the ball on 3rd and 3. 

The problem with running on 3rd and 3th is that we weren't running well at all.  We had a combined 37 yards from the running backs on the ground.  Unless we had Luck run it..he might pick it up.