Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sanchez makes All-Under 25 Team (NFL.com)

Caleb3502

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000937154/jared-goff-alvin-kamara-joey-bosa-make-allunder25-team

Sanchez ranked 4th in Net Average (42.6) and was tied for 15th for Punts Inside the 20 (28).  Sanchez also had the 6th fewest kickoff return yards allowed (441 - Minimum 50 Kickoffs) and tied for 11th for Touchbacks (46).  Not a bad rookie season for the successor of McAfee.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Caleb3502 said:

Not a bad rookie season for the successor of McAfee.  

Awesome post & you bring up an interesting point. It may just be me, but I've always found it interesting that throughout history some teams have just developed an "identity"... If you think of the Bears or Steelers you generally think strong defenses, etc.

Has anyone ever considered how the Indy Colts have had a fairly consistent run of kicker/punter combos & that it has almost become part of the teams identity? 

Biasucci & Stark

Vanderjagt & Smith

Vinateri & MacAffee

Anyways just a crazy thought. I know some fans aren't big on the kicking component, but I've always respected that aspect of the game.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Buck Showalter said:

Awesome post & you bring up an interesting point. It may just be me, but I've always found it interesting that throughout history some teams have just developed an "identity"... If you think of the Bears or Steelers you generally think strong defenses, etc.

Has anyone ever considered how the Indy Colts have had a fairly consistent run of kicker/punter combos & that it has almost become part of the teams identity? 

Biasucci & Stark

Vanderjagt & Smith

Vinateri & MacAffee

Anyways just a crazy thought. I know some fans aren't big on the kicking component, but I've always respected that aspect of the game.

Don't forget QBs too, Unitas, Bert Jones, Harbaugh, Manning and Luck.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Caleb3502 said:

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000937154/jared-goff-alvin-kamara-joey-bosa-make-allunder25-team

Sanchez ranked 4th in Net Average (42.6) and was tied for 15th for Punts Inside the 20 (28).  Sanchez also had the 6th fewest kickoff return yards allowed (441 - Minimum 50 Kickoffs) and tied for 11th for Touchbacks (46).  Not a bad rookie season for the successor of McAfee.  

That is some team!  Only potential weak link for me is Goff (Wentz only turned 25 in December and he would be a lock otherwise).

Hard to tell but I really wonder how Goff would have played in 2017 without McVay in his ear before every play.

5 hours ago, Buck Showalter said:

Biasucci & Stark

Vanderjagt & Smith

Vinateri & MacAffee

Also interesting to think what Ballard/Reich would say they want the identity to be going forward. 

Based on acquisitions and drafting would likely be something like "Young and Fast". 

Seems every position is predicated on speed and don't think we have a single position group that you wouldn't describe as having most of their career ahead.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DaveA1102 said:

That is some team!  Only potential weak link for me is Goff (Wentz only turned 25 in December and he would be a lock otherwise).

Hard to tell but I really wonder how Goff would have played in 2017 without McVay in his ear before every play.

Goff, undercover-

• Thanks 1