Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sirius XM Moving The Chains Final Mock

This is the final 2018 Mock Draft by Sirius XM's Jim Miller and Pat Kirwin.  In this mock, they are basically coming to a consensus on every pick, rather than assigning one or the other to make the pick.  They are basing their choice upon what THEY think each teams should do.  In other words, they are not predicting the pick, but rather, saying who they would take if it were up to them.  This, I think, is their most realistic opinion based mock, based on all of their knowledge.  Thus, this mock, I think, is most telling.  (Note, apparently they are not speculating on trades in this mock, even though trades may be in play for NYG @ 2, Cle @ 4, Den @ 5, & Colts @ 6.)

1.  Cle    QB  Josh Allen

2.  NYG  RB  Saquon Barkley

3.  NYJ   QB  Baker Mayfield

4.  Cle    DE  Bradley Chubb

5.  Den   QB  Sam Darnold

6.  Colts OG  Quenton Nelson

7.  TB     CB  DB Minkah Fitzpatrick (Kirwin convinced Miller of this, over Denzel Ward)

8.  Chi    CB  Denzel Ward

9.  SF     LB  Roquan Smith

10. Oak    LB  Tremaine Edmunds (Kirwin liked DT Vita Vea here, but ceded to Jim Miller on this one.)

That's it so far.  I will let somebody else post their picks hereafter.

2 hours ago, Hoose said:

Sorry. I don’t agree. He can sit and learn for a full year before they unleash him. He has the highest upside of all the QBs. 

The thing is, I don’t think he will sit. They will most likely play him and it will hurt his development

5 hours ago, Hoose said:

Sorry. I don’t agree. He can sit and learn for a full year before they unleash him. He has the highest upside of all the QBs. 

He needs way more work than people think. PFF really doesn't like him at all (have him graded as a low 1st to high 2nd round guy), mainly because he hasn't shown the ability to make "NFL throws". PFF's Steve Palazzolo said on the PFF Podcast the other day that he thinks Kyle Lauletta is a cleaner QB prospect than Allen.

Allen's defining trait is that he can throw 70 yards on his knees, but all of that arm strength doesn't do anything for you if you can't make the most basic throws that NFL QB's do about 60%-70% of the time. There have been plenty of QB's with huge arms that have never developed into anything and way fewer that have. He has the highest upside, but the lowest ceiling by far.