Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mel Kiper expects the Colts to "win" the Draft.

Legend of Luck

51 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

Could also be a question of what it took to get those draft picks.  Remember to get that #4 pick Cleveland had to pass on Deshaun Watson while we just moved down 3 spots.

On top of that, Cleveland had the pick that they traded to Houston because they passed up on Carson Wentz.

So in order to get to that spot the Cleveland Browns had to pass up on not one but 2 QB's who have looked good thus far.  

So if you are counting in what it took to aquire that, then Cleveland gave up a TON.  I also think it's intelligent to consider what was given up to get where they are.  Cleveland would much rather be with one mid first round pick with Carson Wentz on their roster or even Deshaun Watson on their roster then sitting here with 2 top 5 picks but no QB and hoping like heck that the QB they draft will finally be the one that will pan out.

In fact I would gather that if the eagles offered them Carson Wentz in exchange for ther #1 and #4 in this draft they would take that trade without much second thought.

Also, factor in the thoughts of having to sign two top 5 picks 5 years from now and, yeah, I would think they'd take the trade.

34 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Also, factor in the thoughts of having to sign two top 5 picks 5 years from now and, yeah, I would think they'd take the trade.

Plus their #1 pick from last year.  If they all pan out it will be very expensive for them.  

Good motivation to trade down from 4 I would say. 

But ultimately I would say overall even if they did have all those picks pan out Cleveland doesn't win this draft because in order to get where they are they had to pass up on not one but 2 quarterbacks who have looked like franchise QB's.  

It's probably too early to say he's a franchise QB on Watson but he's looked good.  Wentz I don't think it's too early to say he's a franchise QB.  

And franchise QB's in their early 20's are worth a heck of a lot more then 2 first round picks.  Even 2 top 5 picks.  

• Like 1

On 4/25/2018 at 12:51 PM, Fisticuffs111 said:

I feel like he's just setting it up so that he can hate on the Colts with that last line. And we'll redo the whole Bill Tobin/Mel Kiper Colts rivalry.

yes, that's exactly what he is doing. you watch after its all over Saturday, that he goes with an article on ESPN on Sunday and will grade us a D+