Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Double chubble

6 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Just out of curiosity why would we pick a RB in the 2nd round that don't have the frame to be a 3 down back?  We already have Mack and Jones is a similar type back. 

IMO we need a pounder, not a finesse type RB at this point.

This "Colts need a bruising RB" has never made sense to me. A good RB is a good RB..

Jones is compared to Jamaal Charles, and if that doesn't sound good, I don't know what does.

He doesn't have to be a 3 down back either, ala Mack

8 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Just out of curiosity why would we pick a RB in the 2nd round that don't have the frame to be a 3 down back?  We already have Mack and Jones is a similar type back. 

IMO we need a pounder, not a finesse type RB at this point.

Well...   the back that Jones is most comped to is Jamaal Charles and he was a 3-down back...  

i think a 3-down back is as much about running style as it is body type.   I think Jones is more comfortable running between the tackles than Mack is.

Either way, I'm mostly with you...  I much prefer a number of other backs before Jones...   I'd like a bigger back as well..

1 minute ago, tvturner said:

This "Colts need a bruising RB" argument is getting old

Jones is compared to Jamaal Charles, and if that doesn't sound good, I don't know what does.

He doesn't have to be a 3 down back either, ala Mack

Yes Charles had a great very short career. Why? because he didn't have the frame to continue his career after taking the hits he did take. Not one season did he start every game.

I would rather have Guice or Chubb because they hit the gap with the most power.