Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A Mock to Fix the Offensive Line

Here's an interesting idea for a draft. I'm not big on doing this because it would eliminate getting a good player basically anywhere else, but it would definitely make Andrew happy.

Round 1, Pick 6: Quenton Nelson, G, Notre Dame

Round 2, Pick 36: Isaiah Wynn, G/OT, Georgia

Round 2, Pick 37: Isaiah Oliver, CB, Colorado

Round 2, Pick 49: Kolton Miller, OT, UCLA

Round 3, Pick 67: Martinas Rankin, OT, Mississippi State

Round 4, Pick 104: Hercules Mata'afa, DE, Washington State

Round 5, Pick 140: Bo Scarbrough, RB, Alabama

Round 6, Pick 178: Micah Kiser, LB, Virginia

Round 7, Pick 221: BPA

This draft would slot Nelson and Wynn in immediately at either guard position, and Miller and Rankins battling for RT, with the other being the swing tackle and possibly moving to LT if Castanzo underperforms. Oliver will step in immediately alongside Wilson as our 1-2 punch at CB. Mata'afa will rotate at DE while he learns NFL nuances and may eventually become a full time starter. Scarbrough will be the thunder to Mack's lightning, and Kiser could step in quickly as our thumper MLB who can cover pretty well when neccessary. Luck would be very happy with the protection given to him in this one draft.

The 2019 draft is chock full of fantastic Pass rushers and D-linemen, so we will be able to shape those spots up next year. It would be a very interesting draft, to say the very least. Thoughts?

4 minutes ago, stitches said:

This is overkill. I don't mind us going heavy on O-line, but within reason. This feels like too much to me, especially for how barren the roster is all across both D and O not just the O-line. 

Just thought it might be fun to see how much I could change the Line for the better. I don't want this to be the draft, but it would certainly fix our O-line issues for a few years.

A thought I keep coming back to is if we do decide to trade back with Miami/Buffalo/Arizona and target McGlinchey if he's there. Get the top T and then grab a G in the 2nd. Only problem is that takes some premium potential assets from the new defense. Can't wait until the draft!

I think Nelson is going to be fantastic, and really like Wynn, too. My guess is that realistically we won't really go so O-line heavy but I really hope we do something to fix it. I've been hoping for our team to fix our O-line for like 5 years now, and basically they've continually let me down lol.

I understand the point behind the mock but with the scheme on offense my thought is many will be happy with the improvements just with that one change.  Add a draft pick or two and that only helps.  Reich has said we will get the ball out quick.  This masks a lot of issues right away.