Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I hadn't heard of this guy before I saw his Pro Day stats.

6'1 308

36 reps on the bench

4.76 40 yard dash

700+ lb squat

That kind of speed/size would fit Ballard's drive for a faster, more explosive D-Line, yet he still has the power of a strong DT.

Went to Sam Houston State and has the FCS record for tackles for loss. He blocked 14 kicks last year alone, which is indicative of his raw explosiveness.

While the statistics and the workout numbers are unreal, he looks real raw on tape. He's so damn strong that he stands straight up and just runs through FCS interior lineman, which probably won't translate at the pro level. If he can learn to use his frame and lower body strength to anchor and capitalize off of leverage, he could be a force anywhere on the line. 

As a part of being physically and athletically dominant in comparison to his competition at the FCS level, he really doesn't have any moves besides a sloppy bull rush and the occasional rip move. He'd need a few years of development with a D-Line coach/assistant who can work with him one-on-one to improve his technique. A guy like Robert Mathis would be perfect for P.J. Hall. 

His junior season at DE:

His senior season at DT 

• Like 3

Would love this guy in the early 4th round if we can't get a DT like Taven Bryan on this team. I really want Ballard to get a great pass rushing DT if they can't get Chubb round 1. Getting a great pass rushing DT from the interior can be just as impactful. 

• Like 1