Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Twfish first and likely only mock of 2018

I try and do at least one every year and I had some time today to do it. With some help of the fan drafted app and using Nfl's big board this is what I got

1st round 6th overall

Bradley Chubb: I believe the giants are setting up a smoke screen to possibly set the browns up to take Barkley first overall and gamble on a QB at number 4 still so we end up with our guy

2nd round 36th overall

Isaiah Oliver CB Colorado: We are going to need some CB help and this guy checks Ballards boxes at 6'1 and a 4.5 forty so nearly the same build as Quincy Wilson

2nd round 37th overall

Billy Price OC/OG Ohio state: A first round talent that falls due to a minor injury at the combine. I would prefer Will Hernandez but with the fall of Billy, Will climbs.

2nd round 49th overall

Nick Chubb RB Georgia: He has been my second favorite college back to watch the past 5 years behind Christian McCaffery. If the injury had never happened my guess is he would go in the first round last year. He plays similar to Frank Gore in his prime and would pair beautifully with Mack.

3rd round 67th overall

Rasheem Green DL USC: A former 5 star recruit that also fills out Ballards boxes at 6'5 275 and a 4.73 40 he is around the same size as Chubb and could be a steal

4th round 104th overall

Christian Sam ILB Arizona State: You know what they say, never trust a man with two first names. Has fluid and quick hips and is a tackling machine. I have faith he could be coached to a better coverage line backer but I think he has good aggession.

47 minutes ago, twfish said:

I try and do at least one every year and I had some time today to do it. With some help of the fan drafted app and using Nfl's big board this is what I got

1st round 6th overall

Bradley Chubb: I believe the giants are setting up a smoke screen to possibly set the browns up to take Barkley first overall and gamble on a QB at number 4 still so we end up with our guy

2nd round 36th overall

Isaiah Oliver CB Colorado: We are going to need some CB help and this guy checks Ballards boxes at 6'1 and a 4.5 forty so nearly the same build as Quincy Wilson

2nd round 37th overall

Billy Price OC/OG Ohio state: A first round talent that falls due to a minor injury at the combine. I would prefer Will Hernandez but with the fall of Billy, Will climbs.

2nd round 49th overall

Nick Chubb RB Georgia: He has been my second favorite college back to watch the past 5 years behind Christian McCaffery. If the injury had never happened my guess is he would go in the first round last year. He plays similar to Frank Gore in his prime and would pair beautifully with Mack.

3rd round 67th overall

Rasheem Green DL USC: A former 5 star recruit that also fills out Ballards boxes at 6'5 275 and a 4.73 40 he is around the same size as Chubb and could be a steal

4th round 104th overall

Christian Sam ILB Arizona State: You know what they say, never trust a man with two first names. Has fluid and quick hips and is a tackling machine. I have faith he could be coached to a better coverage line backer but I think he has good aggession.

I don’t like only picking one oline

especially since he is also injured 

47 minutes ago, Alex22 said:

I don’t like only picking one oline

especially since he is also injured 

You can only get so many people. I just believed Green was the better value then the other lineman in the third

9 hours ago, ColtsBlitz said:

I’d swap  N. Chubb and Green. Better odds of them both being in the respective spots. 

I personally value Nick Chubb a little bit higher, so I would be more willing to lose out on green then chubb

7 hours ago, twfish said:

I personally value Nick Chubb a little bit higher, so I would be more willing to lose out on green then chubb

What about Penny? Would you take him before Chubb? Also, I see. You were picking BPA, and Chubb was rated higher. We also need a RB more than interior DL. Our interior is pretty solid. 

1 hour ago, ColtsBlitz said:

What about Penny? Would you take him before Chubb? Also, I see. You were picking BPA, and Chubb was rated higher. We also need a RB more than interior DL. Our interior is pretty solid. 

May catch some skeptism here and I haven't watched a ton of penny but Chubb is my second ranked RB so far this year. He makes sense for the Colts and the scheme we will run. He started flashing his old self last season so I think he could come back and be one of the best backs of the draft.