Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

FA and Draft Blueprint: Ideal scenario?

I think Burton and Poe are probably better left off, seeing as 55M is most of our cap that we can use (we need like 15M set aside for draft picks, roster churn, etc). That 12M could be better turned into a handful of lesser players to round out our roster a little better. Im confident enough to at least let the DTs and TEs currently on our roster (and potentially a few UDFA/ low $ FAs) try and see if they can hold down their positions. We need to see what we have in Swoope, Travis, Daniels, Cox (With a healthy Luck and in Reichs offense) and to see how Ridgeway, Stewart and Anderson can transition to a 4-3. I think paying decent money to their replacements before even letting them step on the practice field is a little short sighted. Especially when that money could be better used to shore up our depth for WR, OL, LB, FS. 

That being said, getting every other pick up would be a dream come true.  

I like Penny ahead of Chubb and Johnson but that's a pretty good draft...doubt we land that. Also we need another wr. We only have 2 so adding one won't cut it. The more I think about Poe the more I like the idea. Even though he only gets a few sacks a year he does a very good job of pushing the pocket...and hopefully would push the qb back into the edge rush of a Mr. Chubb. Hankins being more of a run stuffer and Poe more of an attacker I think makes a nice 1-2 punch on that dl. Robinson would be a good get....think we would have to add another wr in the draft plus probably someone like Albert Wilson of KC to add to our mix. Don't think we can count on Rogers yet to be a starter.