Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Which WR should we target in draft

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I have some limited interest in Pryor,  but he scares me.     How is it he could not get a connection going with Kirk Cousins?      My worry is if he couldn't connect with him,  will he be able to connect with Luck?    I don't know.....

There are a bunch of mid-level guys...   Lee and Richardson and a few others...    and a few others who are less known that might be ready to bloom and turn into something...      I'll post more about that before FA starts....

But I'm hoping to find solid vets who can step in right away and make plays....

It appears the Landry opportunity is moving slow from a Colts perspective.  I have a feeling they might be waiting to see what happens with Watkins.  He might be the guy they really have their eyes on. 

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

It appears the Landry opportunity is moving slow from a Colts perspective.  I have a feeling they might be waiting to see what happens with Watkins.  He might be the guy they really have their eyes on. 

Interesting thought.

17 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

The possible Landry situation can move slowly for all I care...    this is not a trade I'd be interested in...   if the structure if the trade is that we flip-flop 1st round picks with Miami, then suddenly we are picking 11th.   

Yuk!

That would likely mean no Barkley, no Chubb,  no Nelson, no Fitzpatrick,  no Edmunds...   I want no part of that...

So we can get Landry and pay him a ton of money?    Doesn't thrill me...   even if we get more back from the Dolphins, I'm not excited...

I'd pass....

2 hours ago, richard pallo said:

That will probably take a while. Watkins will hit FA if he isn't cut, and by then Landry will be gone, if the Dolphins want him gone.

On 3/2/2018 at 5:27 PM, NewColtsFan said:

That's all fair....   but here's the deal about rookie WRs...    they rarely contribute much in their first year.    They often need a year or two to figure things out.

I'd like veterans to help out Luck..

Yet your GM is going to build HIS roster thru the draft, that drafting and developing cheap young home grown talent thing, so how can he sleep at night knowing (NOT) of your expectations to best serve Lucky ?
 What the ___,  Lucky is ELITE!!!!!
 So the Great Elite TY, P Richardson, Rogers, His suggested Big Rookie, and whatever other receivers Ballard and Frank decide to keep, just won't be enough Vets for NCF.
And thanks for the Knowledge Stuart, Rookies take time to develop. Brilliant!!

1 minute ago, throwing BBZ said:

Yet your GM is going to build HIS roster thru the draft, that drafting and developing cheap young home grown talent thing, so how can he sleep at night knowing (NOT) of your expectations to best serve Lucky ?
 What the ___,  Lucky is ELITE!!!!!
 So the Great Elite TY, P Richardson, Rogers, His suggested Big Rookie, and whatever other receivers Ballard and Frank decide to keep, just won't be enough Vets for NCF.
And thanks for the Knowledge Stuart, Rookies take time to develop. Brilliant!!

I simply offered my opinion...   just the way everyone else does...    some like my opinions and some don't...   but no one has ever called me a troll as you were just called by somebody in the last week! Congrats for that honor!

And I'm under no illusion that Ballard gives a crap about what I think -- nor should he.

By the way, congrats on loading up to try and take a shot at me.   I'm sure that was a major effort to do that.   Why don't you lay down and elevate your feet...   get the blood flowing back to your head...   you'll feel better soon....

19 minutes ago, gacker65 said:

I would look at D.J.Chark from LSU.  He s 6'3" tall.  Ran 4.3 in 40.  Has a 40" vert.  IMO, will be in 4th round

I think Chark is now being talked about as a 2nd round player.   The 4th round talk is now yesterday's news...

Right guy...   But wrong round...

13 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think Chark is now being talked about as a 2nd round player.   The 4th round talk is now yesterday's news...

Right guy...   But wrong round...

11 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

With those measurables & combine numbers I doubt he last till the 4th. May be a first day pick, certainly on 2nd day.

Every thing I had seen before the combine, had Chark between 5th to 7th rounds.  I agree that Chark will move up.