Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chris Ballard Senior Bowl Interview

Dark Superman

12 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

Nice to hear from the man himself. I only saw bits and pieces of this, so thanks for posting the entire interview. 

It's weird, when Ballard talks, I stop everything and listen to what he has to say intently. 

Same. The first time I heard him talk I knew we were in good hands. His football IQ and expectations for his football team are incredible.

2 hours ago, KING. said:

Not sure if anyone on here posted this, but man did we strike gold when Irsay was able to bring Chris Ballard to Indianapolis. I could listen to this guy talk football all day. He gets it. If you haven't seen it here's the link to the video.

My internet filter at work is picking this up and I can't follow the link?  What's the high points?

I wanna love him; but I'm withholding judgement at this point. Still hard to really assess his first year here. He did a lot of tearing down. I'm still a firm believer in the "you really need to hit on your first round picks" idea. (Look at Polian's early years here, they created the foundation of the team.) Ballard's first pick was Hooker, who had injury problems in school, and then had a season-ending injury. Love his talent, hope he isn't injury prone. 

And his draft and free agency were up and down. Liked finding Hairston and Stewart, but with all of our OL concerns, he only drafted one --- Zach Banner in the fourth --- and then he waived him before the season started. One of the free agent moves I just didn't get was signing Schwenke, a decent guard, but then cutting him so he could rejoin the Titans before the season started. 

anyway, I'm holding out hope. He sounds good; hoping for excellent results.