Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Atlanta (+6) at Los Angeles (1-6-18)

oldunclemark

7:15 EST (I see two different staring times for this but 7:15 in the east makes sense)  on NBC

Low 60s in the sunset at the old Los Angeles Coliseum .... over-under at 48.5

Former MVP Matt Ryan (342 of 529, 4,095 yards, 20 TDs, 12 INts) has a chance to make up for a less-than-great season by getting the ball to all-pro Julio Jones (88 catches, 1.444 yards) and some good receivers.

The Rams blitzing defense has has 43 sacks and 18 interceptions and I'd throw out LA's 34-13 loss to SF last week. LA had nothing to play for.

Rams RB Todd Gurley (279 carries, 1,305 yards) has also caught 64 passes for 788 yards so the Rams don't want QB Jared Goff (2967 of 477, 3,804 yards, 28 Tds, 7 INts) to get too creative in his first playoff game.

If he gets behind by 10 points, will he fold?  Probably.

The Rams are overvalued here.  They're going to beat Atlanta by a TD in their first playoff game in this century?

This should be fun to watch because points will be scored often enough to keep NBC from shooting the stars sitting in the stands

The Falcons (10-6) have won 6 of their last 8...and they have a QB that the Wade Phiillips' defense cant rattle.

Take Atlanta and the points

Edited by oldunclemark

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Tough for the Rams...Thy won their division and got a playoff game at home..

That wont happen every year...

To be honest I am not sure how the Rams were so successful in the Regular Season. Gurley is a beast and picking up Wade helped their Defense perform well but their Roster doesn't impress me. Goff is ok, he had a Good season don't get me wrong but he nor does his WR's stand out to me as being eye popping. I almost knew Atlanta would win that matchup.