Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Deny Telling Luck Not To Throw At Combine

UndecidedFrog

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/13682485/34964048

New Indianapolis Colts' general manager Ryan Grigson flatly denied a report that his team had advised likely No. 1 overall pick Andrew Luck not to throw passes at the Scouting Combine this week.

Grigson, speaking to the media at the Combine Thursday, was twice asked about a tweet from Bob Kravitz of the Indianapolis Star that claimed Luck was willing to throw Sunday but was talked out of it by the Colts.

"I never said anything," Grigson said. "Players are allowed to make their own decisions what they're going to do at the Combine. I've had no bearing on that, believe me."

At least one member of the media may not have believed Grigson. Seconds after answering the first question about whether he'd individually asked Luck not to throw, a follow-up question came asking if any member of the Colts had pushed the Stanford passer's decision.

"No. Absolutely not," Grigson replied.

I'd like to add that I heard a snippet on NFLN a few hours ago wherein he (Luck) commented that he may participate in the throwing drills, he may not. He may do all of them, he may do none of them. Adding that he will consult with his agent and his father as part of the contemplation.

Being that he's a lock. He has nothing to gain and only stands to slip by participating (in which he would have to poo in his pants to slip at all).

That being said, I'd like to see him participate fully, if only for the entertainment value.

I'd like to add that I heard a snippet on NFLN a few hours ago wherein he (Luck) commented that he may participate in the throwing drills, he may not. He may do all of them, he may do none of them. Adding that he will consult with his agent and his father as part of the contemplation.

Being that he's a lock. He has nothing to gain and only stands to slip by participating (in which he would have to poo in his pants to slip at all).

That being said, I'd like to see him participate fully, if only for the entertainment value.

I don't think even doing that would cause him to slip. I can just see it now though...

Eisen: So, Mike Mayock, what are your observations from the Combine so far?

Mayock: I loved to see the QBs throw, a lot of them boosted their draft stock. Of course, all eyes were on Luck and RG3. RG3 made all the throws and did nothing but solidify his status as a top 10, top 5, pick. While Luck didn't do anything to hurt his draft stock, it was a little unnerving to see that a full grown man does not have complete control over all of his body's sphincters. At this point, he's had the potty training, his parents and coaches have never had an issue with it before, but for whatever reason, his nervous system wasn't there today. I want to see my QB stand tall in the pocket, be able to take a hit, and still keep his lunch inside him. Regardless, he will still be the first QB off the board

I don't think even doing that would cause him to slip. I can just see it now though...

Eisen: So, Mike Mayock, what are your observations from the Combine so far?

Mayock: I loved to see the QBs throw, a lot of them boosted their draft stock. Of course, all eyes were on Luck and RG3. RG3 made all the throws and did nothing but solidify his status as a top 10, top 5, pick. While Luck didn't do anything to hurt his draft stock, it was a little unnerving to see that a full grown man does not have complete control over all of his body's sphincters. At this point, he's had the potty training, his parents and coaches have never had an issue with it before, but for whatever reason, his nervous system wasn't there today. I want to see my QB stand tall in the pocket, be able to take a hit, and still keep his lunch inside him. Regardless, he will still be the first QB off the board

lol....that's so gross.

Give that man some pull-ups and draft him #1.

Yep, looks like the report that the Colts asked Luck not to throw was all more media mumbo jumbo, not suprising at all. I don't recall the media being this bad and inaccurate in all my years paying attention to sports. Yeah they always say stupid stuff, but this year the media is bringing more "DERP" to the table than I've seen. We are talking Rob Schneider "DERP" material.