Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Gruden said to be interested in the.....

NewColtsFan

15 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I am not even bring up his average record as a coach in his career but his penchant for the camera. As I have said before he lights up like the forth of July whenever there is a camera within 50 feet of him. Add the negative opinions of him from the veteran players who have played for him that go farther back that the Raiders.

Those things just didn't appear out of the blue.

He makes his living in front of the camera.  What's he supposed to do, pick his nose?

1 minute ago, BOTT said:

He makes his living in front of the camera.  What's he supposed to do, pick his nose?

He had a penchant for the camera long before he became an announcer.

I would rather have a head coach who really don't like the camera or the media as far as that is concerned. As much as I despise the Patriots Belichick has no use for the camera or the media and it shows.

57 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

He had a penchant for the camera long before he became an announcer.

I would rather have a head coach who really don't like the camera or the media as far as that is concerned. As much as I despise the Patriots Belichick has no use for the camera or the media and it shows.

Just for fun (ring exemplifies your point).....

1 minute ago, BloodyChamp said:

That doesn't apply to coaches who won in 2 places, 1 of which was Oakland coming off a 4-12 season. He also previously held other jobs that he was good at on a few other teams.

3 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

That doesn't apply to coaches who won in 2 places, 1 of which was Oakland coming off a 4-12 season. He also previously held other jobs that he was good at on a few other teams.

was good is the answer

3 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

We can't just overlook the personal issues brought up by more than a few players about his character and treatment of players while he was coaching. There is one thing we do need in Indy and that is a head coach that the players will get behind. The negativity just didn't appear out of nowhere.

There has to be something when the players of the Bucs won a ring and it was Dungy who they first thought of.

3 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

We can't just overlook the personal issues brought up by more than a few players about his character and treatment of players while he was coaching. There is one thing we do need in Indy and that is a head coach that the players will get behind. The negativity just didn't appear out of nowhere.

There has to be something when the players of the Bucs won a ring and it was Dungy who they first thought of.

O of course Dungy...you've been owned over this before. Leave it alone.

4 hours ago, BOTT said:

The guy built a winner under al freakin' davis. I'm not rooting for Gruden to become the colts next coach, but the criticism of him on this forum is a tad ridiculous.

It wouldn't be the worst thing to happen.  I like Jon Gruden, but I dont care for his Hollywood glamour either.  I do feel he is and could be a decent coach.  I don't care to waste anymore of AL years but for people to think he wouldn't be better than what we have is being narrow minded.

How many realistic good coaches are available?  Seriously, who can we hire this year that will make people around here happy?  It is either a retread, an existing coordinator or a college coach.  It will not be Harbaugh, probably not Taub and probably not even Gruden.  

We have made the lists already so now it is time to wait and see what happens.  Hell, the job isn't even open yet.

Maybe we hire Gruden as the HC and he hires Chuck to be the defensive guru he has threatened to be all these years......  lol

1 minute ago, BR-549 said:

It wouldn't be the worst thing to happen.  I like Jon Gruen, but I dont care for his Hollywood glamour either.  I do feel he is and could be a decent coach.  I don't care to waste anymore of AL years but for people to think he wouldn't be better than what we have is being narrow minded.

How many realistic good coaches are available?  Seriously, who can we hire this year that will make people around here happy?  It is either a retread, an existing coordinator or a college coach.  It will not be Harbaugh, probably not Taub and probably not even Gruden.  

We have made the lists already so now it is time to wait and see what happens.  Hell, the job isn't even open yet.

Maybe we hire Gruden as the HC and he hires Chuck to be the defensive guru he has threatened to be all these years......  lol

Good idea. Maybe we should wait before getting into all this nonsense. Irsay will more than likely surprise all of us anyway.

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

Owned? What are you even talking about? 

Look, I have an opinion just as you do. There is no owned. You may have that frame of mind but I don't.

That thread where you had Tony Dungy in the same class as Vince Lombardi and Bill Walsh for one. If it weren't for Peyton Manning Dungy would be Marty Schottenheimer II at best. 

1 hour ago, BloodyChamp said:

That thread where you had Tony Dungy in the same class as Vince Lombardi and Bill Walsh for one. If it weren't for Peyton Manning Dungy would be Marty Schottenheimer II at best. 

If it wasn't for Bart Starr or Joe Montana/Steve Young then Lombarti or Walsh wouldn't be any better that Shottenheimer either. Where you come with this own nonsense is beyond me. I didn't come into here to argue but I also didn't come into here to hear your insults either.

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

If it wasn't for Bart Starr or Joe Montana/Steve Young then Lombarti or Walsh wouldn't be any better that Shottenheimer either. Where you come with this own nonsense is beyond me. I didn't come into here to argue but I also didn't come into here to hear your insults either.

O...my...G**

So - back on topic.  Although Gruden was a decent coach and had some success, that was years ago.  I just don't know he is going to be able to turn that back on.  What these coaches go through to be successful is extremely difficult and it is obvious that he is enjoying the good life.  

Just for that alone I wouldn't want him.  Would much rather have a guy that is hungry. 

So - back on topic.  Although Gruden was a decent coach and had some success, that was years ago.  I just don't know he is going to be able to turn that back on.  What these coaches go through to be successful is extremely difficult and it is obvious that he is enjoying the good life.  

Just for that alone I wouldn't want him.  Would much rather have a guy that is hungry.