Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chester Rodgers

MarquisJ

I do not know why so many have hate for Moncrief...

You can go grab any one FA WR on the market next year but if they are NEVER targeted it does not matter. 

Next year should allow for some key changes on this side of the ball to help everything.  Hopefully Luck is back, a NEW OC and system, and hopefully a better O-line to block and give us time.  These are factors that help any WR let alone Moncrief.  We should try and resign him and leave another piece that Luck is familiar with there.

20 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

Ballard brought in 26 players, and you try to bring him down by mentioning these guys?  Wilson might look bad but Ballard brought in a guy that has been playing great over him, Desir...1 for Ballard.  Basham is a guy that you hope progresses, and no one expected a por bowler his rookie year, I guess you did.  Sheard and Simon look pretty good.  Banner...I will give you that, bad pick all around in my eyes.  Aiken was basically no risk and added depth.  He had a good year with the Ravens so you take a shot with him.  Now let's talk about the multiple other guys he brought in doing just fine...

If Grigson would have done this...he did it, but Luck covered him up and after he did it multiple times we are in our current predicament.  

i was mostly talking about the draft, i mentioned Aiken in response to the poster i quoted

the fact is this draft class has not done much except for hooker.  speaking of him, injures are a major concern going forward, plus he has to tackle better.  staying healthy and finishing tackles might be at odds with each other

i do think if grigson had this same exact draft class people would be pouring it on right now.  the defensive free agents have been decent, some of them good.  desir is coming around, he was a waiver from the seahawks , luckily we were high on the waiver priority 

4 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

i was mostly talking about the draft, i mentioned Aiken in response to the poster i quoted

the fact is this draft class has not done much except for hooker.  speaking of him, injures are a major concern going forward, plus he has to tackle better.  staying healthy and finishing tackles might be at odds with each other

i do think if grigson had this same exact draft class people would be pouring it on right now.  the defensive free agents have been decent, some of them good.  desir is coming around, he was a waiver from the seahawks , luckily we were high on the waiver priority 

How often do 1st year rookies make instant impacts?  Very few. I think most of our hold backs though stem entirely from coaching

10 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

Ok focusing on the draft.  I will say that Grigson had 2 bad drafts and only his first was decent.  TY was a good move and I still hold my judgment towards drafting 2 TE's back-to-back in the same draft...that was TERRIBLE.  I do not give Grigson even credit for Luck.  I would not give any GM credit f or drafting him #1 when he had more hype behind him than any QB in the last decade.  Plus I am pretty sure Irsay already had that pick written down for Grigson.  

Now this draft has some quality to it for sure.  I am not basing anything on this years draft in it's current year.  No one did that to Grigson until his 3rd maybe 4th year when it was apparent he was terrible.  He got some heat for Werner, understandably so.  He got some heat for Dorsett, understandably so! 

Ballard drafted a guy in Hooker, 1st round is your impact, and he made that impact but got hurt.  These things happen more often now and you just have to deal with it.  Wilson still has some promise and I am not saying he is a goner by any means.  Bashem, we will see on that one.  Hairston is solid.  Banner was terrible, I never liked that pick.  Mack is a solid pick.  Walker is a late round flyer who you hope makes some strides.  Lets let these guys get a year or two under them before we judge to harshly.  We did the same with Grigson before you could tell he was terrible, just saying!

15 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

thats what we said about most of our draft busts over the last few years too

1st round rookies should be making an impact right away and in some instances a 2nd rounder as well.  Every round after that you hope for immediate impacts but typically not going to happen and you might allow for a year or so depending on the round they were drafted to get experience and coached/developed.

Just now, DaColts85 said:

1st round rookies should be making an impact right away and in some instances a 2nd rounder as well.  Every round after that you hope for immediate impacts but typically not going to happen and you might allow for a year or so depending on the round they were drafted to get experience and coached/developed.

ill just flat out say it.  im worried about wilson, talent is there but he needs to get it together mentally or it wont matter

basham seems to have a good attitude, but hes a small school pass rusher and they dont have the best track record in the league

Just now, aaron11 said:

ill just flat out say it.  im worried about wilson, talent is there but he needs to get it together mentally or it wont matter

basham seems to have a good attitude, but hes a small school pass rusher and they dont have the best track record in the league

I have hope for Wilson as he has shown the talent.  Mentally... you are correct.  He needs to earn his spot now.  I love having Desir now because we have a solid CB and Wilson is not guaranteed anything but possibly getting dropped even as a 2nd round pick.  It is all on him and Ballard and the coaches need to let him know this repeatedly.  Other players can talk to him but if he does not see he is fading and Melvin is getting better, that is on him.

Basham is and always was a project.  I would allow for another off-season for him.  He has some game time experience, and if he does not show progress next year then I would start to look for something else if we have not already.

On 11/14/2017 at 9:36 AM, MarquisJ said:

Forgot to post this Sunday but wow definitely missed Chester Rodgers this year what a game he had! Better watching him than kamar aiken haha...Felt good seeing Donte get his but I still think we should move on after this season I also think we should go out and get a true #1 to pair with TY and Chester that would be a nightmare for teams

He played well, i think he has earned himself more snaps over Aiken. Moncrief isn't going anywhere im sure he will be retained at this season's end.

3 hours ago, csmopar said:

Very true.... but what's the common denominator in all those busts?  Chuck Pagano

I still remember an article when we drafted TJ where Pagano supposedly banged his fist on the table and said draft this kid..lol.

Your comment just made me think of that.

5 hours ago, IinD said:

I still remember an article when we drafted TJ where Pagano supposedly banged his fist on the table and said draft this kid..lol.

Your comment just made me think of that.

I do remember that article now. I'm gonna see if it's still out there