Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ballard to be on JMV today

Steamboat_Shaun

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

While I like listening to Venturi talk I can't take what he says all that cut and dried.

Yes the Colts a flawed but why are they flawed? Injuries? lack of talent? Coaching?

I am sorry but I cant take anything Venturi says too serious because his record speaks for itself. He was 3-48-1 in his coaching career including a 1-10 record with the Colts. If he was such a guru he would have had a better record than that. Because he talks all the Xs and Os everyone gets all into what he says. But he does not have the history to be an authority on the matter.

1) He is a far greater authority than anyone on this site.

2) His record does not mean he is incapable of dissecting the Colts' flaws or scheme failures.

3) He is thought well enough of to have been a coach on Belichick's staff and coached for over 20 years in the NFL. 

4) I don't need Venturi to tell me about Pagano's in-game management issues.  They are plainly there for all to see for anyone with an ounce of IQ about the game.

And my final point is really all that matters.  This lost season on the heels of two 8-8 campaigns with all the things that have happened, both real and imagined by the fan base, means Pagano's time will end in January if not before.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, jskinnz said:

2) His record does not mean he is incapable of dissecting the Colts' flaws or scheme failures.

3) He is thought well enough of to have been a coach on Belichick's staff and coached for over 20 years in the NFL. 

4) I don't need Venturi to tell me about Pagano's in-game management issues.  They are plainly there for all to see for anyone with an ounce of IQ about the game.

And my final point is really all that matters.  This lost season on the heels of two 8-8 campaigns with all the things that have happened, both real and imagined by the fan base, means Pagano's time will end in January if not before.

Oh well, if you want to lay the blame on Pagano feel free. Like I said earlier. Cause and effect. There are reason things happen and without looking at why things happen is short sighted IMO.

8 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

Why did Kyle Shanahan take the 49ers position?  No QB, limited talent, and old talent.  Trying to rebuild and now has a new young first time GM.  Help me understand your thoughts?

who knows, maybe he would jump at the chance to be a head coach pretty much anywhere

or maybe he feels like the patriots have a good thing going and it would be a big career risk for him to come to the struggling colts at this time

he is still very young by coaching standards, its not like he needs to make a move now before his time runs out.  he would be high on my list

7 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Yes the Colts a flawed but why are they flawed? Injuries? lack of talent? Coaching?

all of the above

i like listening to venturi  on Mondays, but sometimes he gets a little too technical for me and im a technical guy by nature

he does make a lot of good points about coaching, and everything really 

4 hours ago, jskinnz said:

I am for a new Coach but I do think Chuck gets bashed on here way too much when the same people  praise Bruce Arians. Bruce Arians isn't any better than Chuck actually and Venturi has a Coaching record of 3-48-1, hell I could pull that off lmao 

9 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

Why did Kyle Shanahan take the 49ers position?  No QB, limited talent, and old talent.  Trying to rebuild and now has a new young first time GM.  Help me understand your thoughts?

Several reason's Shanahsn took the job...

1.   He got a 6-year contract and so did the new GM.    Most coaches get 4-5 years.    6 years for a rookie coach is almost unheard of.

2.    There is some talent on the roster.   And between the draft and free agency the 9ers can get pretty decent, pretty quickly...

3.     As possible first jobs go, a coach could do a lot worse than SF.    Between the franchise,  the assets,  the new stadium,  the geographic location, there's a lot to like about the job.

10 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Several reason's Shanahsn took the job...

1.   He got a 6-year contract and so did the new GM.    Most coaches get 4-5 years.    6 years for a rookie coach is almost unheard of.

2.    There is some talent on the roster.   And between the draft and free agency the 9ers can get pretty decent, pretty quickly...

3.     As possible first jobs go, a coach could do a lot worse than SF.    Between the franchise,  the assets,  the new stadium,  the geographic location, there's a lot to like about the job.

My post was in reference to another posting asking why McDaniels would want to come here and put his name on what we have.  I was then referencing Shanahan as a coach taking over a sinking ship with a very crazy situation.  

11 hours ago, aaron11 said:

who knows, maybe he would jump at the chance to be a head coach pretty much anywhere

or maybe he feels like the patriots have a good thing going and it would be a big career risk for him to come to the struggling colts at this time

he is still very young by coaching standards, its not like he needs to make a move now before his time runs out.  he would be high on my list

I am not disagreeing with you I just wanted to see what your actual thoughts were with saying why would McDaniels want this job really...  

To me you are right with saying he feels like he has a solid shot to sit and wait out hoodie.  That being said people keep saying he would want full control, but when Belichick leaves there is not guarantee they give it to him, and for sure no guarantee they trust him to have any control.  Personally I believe the replacement for BB is the DC Matt Patricia.  

2 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

I am not disagreeing with you I just wanted to see what your actual thoughts were with saying why would McDaniels want this job really...  

i think luck being out could hurt our chances of landing one of the more highly sought after coaches

what else do we have going for us really?  i think if he were older he might be in more of a hurry to make a move, but hes 41.  definitely  a risk for him to wait around in NE too, it will be interesting 

24 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

i think luck being out could hurt our chances of landing one of the more highly sought after coaches

what else do we have going for us really?  i think if he were older he might be in more of a hurry to make a move, but hes 41.  definitely  a risk for him to wait around in NE too, it will be interesting 

The uncertainty is definitely not going to help but a coach will have more reasons to be here other than just Luck.  He is someone when healthy that makes a coaches life easier that is for sure.  Working with someone like Ballard and just taking over a franchise like Indy might have more appeal than you think.  

3 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

My post was in reference to another posting asking why McDaniels would want to come here and put his name on what we have.  I was then referencing Shanahan as a coach taking over a sinking ship with a very crazy situation.  

Oh...   sorry about that.....

I would think McDaniels would be interested unless he's been assured the he will replace BB.

As for Shannahan...   I don't see the SF job as a sinking ship.     To me the ship has already sunk and it's his job to make it float again...

Just a different perspective...    sorry for the misunderstanding....

15 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Oh...   sorry about that.....

I would think McDaniels would be interested unless he's been assured the he will replace BB.

As for Shannahan...   I don't see the SF job as a sinking ship.     To me the ship has already sunk and it's his job to make it float again...

Just a different perspective...    sorry for the misunderstanding....

No worries at all.  If McDaniels interviews for anything then that tells me he has not been guaranteed anything.  He is in the position to have pull on where he might want to go, but I would say Indy is a good place to be.