Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2018?

Lucky Colts Fan

I feel like like there are some very passionate arguements, strongly weighing on one side or the other in this thread. Personall I think the AFC is easily the most competitive, up-for-grabs division this season. To belittle someone for having a different opinion on who will end up on top just seems absurd. Each of these teams like quote improved and we finished 3rd last year, so I'm not crowning us AFC South champions until I see it coming into fruition. I'm going to try to lean on the classic, "With (a healthy) Andrew Luck, all things are possible," mantra. 

50 minutes ago, funktacious2 said:

I feel like like there are some very passionate arguements, strongly weighing on one side or the other in this thread. Personall I think the AFC is easily the most competitive, up-for-grabs division this season. To belittle someone for having a different opinion on who will end up on top just seems absurd. Each of these teams like quote improved and we finished 3rd last year, so I'm not crowning us AFC South champions until I see it coming into fruition. I'm going to try to lean on the classic, "With (a healthy) Andrew Luck, all things are possible," mantra. 

Yeah, people seem to get pretty defensive of their opinions during the offseason. Personally I can understand why somebody would think this team will go 12-4 and win the division or 8-8 and end up near the bottom of the division.

Like you said, with a healthy Luck I think anything is possible. Then again, for the other side, I'm not completely sold on our coaching or the rest of the roster so I can totally see why people aren't high on this team.

8 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

No he didn't.  In their first meeting it was the Colts first win of the season, Colts won 17-12.  And Manning was the only one of the two to throw a TD pass.

You're right they lost to SD 35-19 the years before in 1997

9 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Where are you getting this from?  The "experts" online and on TV?  

Can I borrow your crystal ball/time machine?  :)

How are you defining "better team"?  Are you talking about this year, or 2018?

The Titans have yet to show that they are anything but average, so you're being pretty optimistic about them without any proof.  Your optimism for the Titans isn't any more or less sane than my optimism for the 2018 Colts, and at least my optimism is for MY team...  :scratch:

Look at the rosters. The Colts have been flat for back-to-back seasons looking not much better this year. I don't post to please readers rather to express my take. Three years forward then two years backward means something and regardless of how much of a fan you are unless you are now instrumental in putting points on the board. Suck it up and face facts. Nothing point to a solid season coming. Next year hopefully will start to show improvement. Oh, and they are not YOUR team.

10 hours ago, aaron11 said:

mariota hasn't even finished a full season in the nfl, let alone playoffs

Yes and how many seasons has he played? Football players get injured. Write it down. With Luck's backup the Colts are dead if Luck goes to the bench.

11 hours ago, Flash7 said:

No, sadly I am not joking. I really do not think we would be favorites in any game.

The lowly Jaguars have beaten us two years in a row, and in one of those wins, they scored 50+ points. They may suck year-in and year-out, but they are a tough match up for us, even with Luck. They have a better run game, better receiving corps, and a much, much better defense than the Colts. It all comes down to Bortles. Luck is better, but we don't know Luck's status as of now, do we?

The Titans finished 9-7 last year. They finished second in the division while the Colts finished third. Their arrow is clearly pointing up. They have the best O-line in the division, (one of the best int he league), best run game in the division, and have bolstered their weak areas: D-backs and receivers. They have improved. The logic that the Titans have never beaten a Luck led Colts team isn't sound logic. Remember when we were saying that the Texans had never beaten the Colts at Lucas Oil Stadium...never. Until they did.

The Texans have the best defense in the division, and one of the best in the league. They have two players that are among the best in the league at their respective positions, Watt and Clowney. They have a better run game than the Colts. The only advantage we have is Luck, who again, is coming off of an injury and we do not yet know his status. I suspect that even if he plays, he will have trouble against a defense that beat him twice last year, and that was without Watt.

I think this is a sound post. The jags have always given us issues, even when Manning lead this team. I don't know why that is they're just tough. 

But, I believe the entire division is on the upward trend. It is going to become a very interesting division in this league. Which is good for every team involved. Iron sharpens iron. 

There are no easy wins in the division this year.  Every game we go into will be a tough one and we will need to play at our best to win (and have Andrew under centre).

Jaguars are still the team that everyone loves to mock but you could argue their roster is the best in the division aside from quarterback.  Their defence is stacked with young talent and Fournette could do wonders for the offense by taking the ball out of Bortles' hands.

I don't see us sweeping the Titans again this year.  For one thing, these are now their biggest two games of the season based on their previous record against us and they will be hugely motivated.  I understand and agree with others points on our improvement being better than theirs but I think they will take a win off us this year.

The Texans are the ones I think will cause the biggest issue.  Beat us both games last year and will now have a better QB (based on initial reports and the fact they couldn't be much worse) and Watt back.  After the manner of defeats last year, I want these wins bad.

We genuinely could go 12-4 or 8-8 and I think it comes down to the divisions games more than ever this year.

Ps, it shows how bullish I am on the team that I put £25 on the Colts to win the Superbowl this year! :ninja:

I don't think it will happen but Colts at 40/1 and so would return £1,000 so thought it was worth a punt especially based on the perception of a weak schedule! :cash:

1 minute ago, aaron11 said:

same is also true for the titans if MM goes down.  its true for most teams

Exactly!  Many act like we are the only team that would suffer without the starting QB.  Not many teams would perform well without the starter, and that is why they are the starter. 

21 hours ago, King Colt said:

Correct. He could be very hot this coming season, he reeks with talent.

marcus is good no doubt, but he is not andrew luck

look at their stats, luck has gone over 4000 yards three times in his career, and has lead the league in TDs.  mariota hasnt hit 3500 

4 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

marcus is good no doubt, but he is not andrew luck

look at their stats, luck has gone over 4000 yards three times in his career, and has lead the league in TDs.  mariota hasnt hit 3500 

Well you can only compare 2 years...so 2016 I will give you that.