Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Telesco Promoted To Vp Of Football Operations

Rybono

i don't understand. grigson was named gm as far as i could tell, so does this put telesco second in charge behind irsay?

love the guy either way

I was wondering the same thing. He WAS part of the GM search process, which seemed pretty strange if he was essentially interviewing his own boss. On the other hand he's pretty young to be "that" high up. Maybe it's to put him on a level playing field with Grigson. One with primary responsibility for evaluating talent and shaping the roster, the other responsible for all those other administrative functions (ie: salary cap,etc).

Apparently this position never existed before in our organization. At least not recently. Looking at other teams front office positions, it seems VP of Futbol Operations reports to the GM position. (The only exception I found was the Broncos and John Elway. John is the Executive VP of Football Operations, but is listed above the GM.)

Apparently this position never existed before in our organization. At least not recently. Looking at other teams front office positions, it seems VP of Futbol Operations reports to the GM position. (The only exception I found was the Broncos and John Elway. John is the Executive VP of Football Operations, but is listed above the GM.)

Futbol huh? haha

Polian was the VP of Football Operations and General Manager. The last two years, I think, is when Chris Polian became the VP of Football operations. My timeline may be a bit off.

I would say this is a good thing for a few reasons.

One) Telesco should have a very good understanding of the salary cap.

Two) I would imagine this means the Colts will remain one of the few teams that maintains their own full college scouting department rather than relying on the scouting service so many teams use.

Three) He is just another experienced person to watch game tape to develop the draft board.

Polian was the VP of Football Operations and General Manager. The last two years, I think, is when Chris Polian became the VP of Football operations. My timeline may be a bit off.

I would say this is a good thing for a few reasons.

One) Telesco should have a very good understanding of the salary cap.

Two) I would imagine this means the Colts will remain one of the few teams that maintains their own full college scouting department rather than relying on the scouting service so many teams use.

Three) He is just another experienced person to watch game tape to develop the draft board.

Chris became GM. I don't think he was VP of Football Operations. I think Bill was VP of Football Operations, and then became Vice Chairman, whatever that means.

Chris became GM. I don't think he was VP of Football Operations. I think Bill was VP of Football Operations, and then became Vice Chairman, whatever that means.

Duh, General Manager is what I meant to type. Bill was VP and GM, then Chris became GM.

Vice Chairman, probably just means an extra 200k per year salary and some more benefits.

i don't understand. grigson was named gm as far as i could tell, so does this put telesco second in charge behind irsay?

love the guy either way

That's what I was wondering. However, being and executive, I have had the opportuity to interview my future boss. It could be that situation, but I think that the news outlets reporting this, this way, might be a little bit confused.

love the guy either way

I agree..this puts him above Grigson...who's job probably begins with round 2 of the draft in April.

This is a good more and reassuring..that our type of player may not change...

To go to bigger, slower, mofre powerful players indoors would be a mistake